Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Pet Stories
11/14/2010 4:57:44 AM
Hi Myrna,

I have started following Dr. Becker from Dr. Mercola's site. Here is here site.

She has a lot of good information and they have probiotics, too. I have been thinking about getting some for our cats. We take probiotics. Maybe now is a good time to look into that.

Duchess had two teeth extracted and I saw them when he examined her and they didn't look good to me. Ninja had been seen by another vet who though she had one that needed to be extracted, too. A couple years ago she had a big chunk of calculus and it turned out the infection was in the calculus, not in the tooth. It looked the same to me this time and that's what it turned out to be. We are almost done with the antibiotic so I need to check the probiotics out. After spending so much on their teeth, perhaps it would be a good investment.

Thanks, Myrna,

Cheryl

Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/14/2010 5:15:28 AM
Hi Cheryl,

I have been getting Dr Mercola news letter for years but never knew about the animal part. Thanks for the info. I paid 15.00 for the 1st month then it was 35.00. So this one is less..
Hope you kitties are fine. Probiotic should be taken for 3 months

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/4/2010 9:46:41 PM
Hi Myrna,

What do you mean, you are paying? I get Dr. Mercola's newsletter for free and also Dr. Becker's for animals.

I wanted to order the probiotics for my cats after the antibiotics but it was out of stock. I put in to get an email notice when it was in stock again but haven't received any notice as yet. I'll have to go there and see if I can order it anyway. I was thinking about getting her cookbook for animals. I forget what she calls it now.

What do you feed your cats? I switched mine to a grain free diet and they are doing better on it. Their fur was soft anyway but it got softer. Mine are strictly indoor cats. I had too many problems when I let my cats go out in the daytime so none of these have been outside cats. One was born to a stray and adopted from Friends of Strays back in Florida, and another was feral for a least the first year of her life before we trapped her but they are fine inside.

Thanks for being my friend!

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/4/2010 11:40:48 PM
Hi Cheryl,

I do have problems in explaining at times. I was talking about getting probiotics for my cat. Introductory offer was 14.95, but was about 35.00 for the next month. Too much for my pocketbook right now.

Here is something else I found at www.earthworkshealth.com
I was looking something for fleas that I could use on my cat and would not be harmful. It is called Diatomaceous Earth It is Silica. Silica is a major mineral we all need that is lacking in our foodstuffs.
On top of that it kills flees ticks and lice, plus kill parasites on the inside. So I have been giving it to him in his nightly tuna. He is doing great

It is good for human use too. some of the cure have been sore joints feeling better lower cholesterol, lowering high blood pressure,more energy, healthier skin, nails and hair. Aid in weight loss, cleaning digestive tract of parasites.

I have taken it too, but need to do it daily.

I hope this cleans things up, sorry for the mix up.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/5/2010 7:11:44 AM
Hi Myrna,

I have heard of diatomaceous earth a long time ago. I knew it was good for fleas. Where do you get it? I want to be sure I know where to get it if I need it. My cats are indoor only cats and I haven't had any flea issues since I no longer have a dog.

I'll let you know what I find for a current price on Dr. Mercola's site. I hope it's not that much. How long did it last? I have 3 cats so that could get pricey. Two cats had to have their teeth cleaned, as I mentioned, and one had two extractions. I am still recovering. LOL They have recovered but I have not!

Thanks, Myrna,

Cheryl
+0