Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
8/12/2013 4:12:03 PM

Hello Friends,

These Slow Cooker Italian Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Goat Cheese that I got from my Weight Watchers files were amazing. The chicken was perfectly flavored, and was so tender and juicy. The spinach and roasted red pepper were a nice flavor (and fiber!) boost, and the crispy toasted roll with goat cheese was the icing on the the cake.

The key is finding the right roll to use. I like the Half Baked Panini Rustic Rolls from Trader Joe’s. They are fat free and just 3 Points +. I toasted them to add a nice crunch to the sandwich, which was divine. The fresh basil added such a lovely aroma and a delightful and bright essence. Each sandwich comes out to a total of only 8 Points +, which is pretty darn good for what you get!

Slow Cooker Italian Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

• 6 sandwich rolls (I used Trader Joe’s Half-Baked Panini Rustic Rolls)
  • 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • 1 12oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
  • 1 14-16oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
  • 5 oz goat cheese
  • 1 cup fresh basil leaves
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 packet Italian dressing mix
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

1. Place chicken in slow cooker. Add in Italian dressing packet and garlic. Coat chicken breasts well on all sides.
  2. Cover and cook on low for about 5 hours.
  3. Using two forks, shred chicken. Then add in red peppers and thawed spinach. Cover and cook for another two hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Toast rolls and spread goat cheese evenly amongst the rolls. Scoop out about ¾ cup chicken and place onto bun. Top with a few basil leaves and other half of bun. Serves 6.
Per Serving - 315 calories; 6.5g fat; 34g carbohydrates; 27g protein; 4g fiber

Pair it with the baked yam sticks below and a small Mixed Greens Salad for a must try Lunch or Supper.

Baked Yam Sticks

Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.

In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients until potatoes are evenly coated with oil and spices.

Place potatoes on a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, or until done.

Per Serving Calories 132, Total Fat 1.9g, Carbs 27g, Protein 2.6g

Happy Monday My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/13/2013 1:00:51 AM
Hi Phil,
Your recipes, all look so good. Even being full they still are inviting.
I just got some sweet potatoes, will have to try these yam sticks.

Now I think this guy is so cute. I love donkeys, good or bad hairstyle. lol

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/13/2013 1:57:42 AM

Hi Myrna,

Thanks for the Comments. There's nothing I like better than sharing with my Friends.

Have A Bright & Beautiful Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/30/2013 12:32:14 AM

Hello Friends,

Can't you just smell that pot of bubbling goodness filling the house with all those rich aromas? A hearty slow cooker soup is the perfect antidote to that fall chill. This rich and creamy soup is a family favorite. Garnish with chives, if desired.

Slow Cooker Creamy Potato Soup

8 potatoes, peeled and cubed

Directions

1. In a large saucepan or stockpot, bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of grease and set aside. Sautee the leeks in the frying pan with the reserved bacon grease 8 to 10 minutes.
  2. When the potatoes are tender, stir in the fried leeks, heavy cream and bacon. Stir to blend and remove from heat. Serve hot.

Have A Good One,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/16/2015 5:30:06 PM
Hello Everyone,

I can't believe that it's been since 2013 since I've posted here. Guess it's time to dust off the old Crock Pot once again and fix something for Sunday Dinner. I'm tied up in meetings all day Saturday and then Church on Sunday, so if everyone's going to eat, it will have to be something from the Crock Pot.

This is a very easy recipe for a delicious pot roast. I make it healthier by omitting the onion soup mix, using low-fat and low sodium cream of mushroom soup, and adding vegetables. I've even started using liners in the Crock Pot to make cleanup easier as well.

Healthier (but still Awesome) Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Ingredients

2 (10.75 oz) Cans Low-Fat, Low Sodium Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Large Onion, Chopped
3 lbs. Chuck Roast
2 Sliced Carrots
1 lb Small Red Potatoes
1/2 lb String Beans
1/4 Cup Chopped Parsley

Directions

Mix cream of mushroom soup, onion and Chuck Roast in the Slow Cooker.

Cook on High for 3-4 hours or Low for 8-9 hours. Add carrots, string beans, potatoes and parsley 1 1/2 hours before pot roast is done. Serves 12.

Calories 305; Cholesterol 76 g; Fiber 2.5 g; Sodium 299 mg; Carbohydrates 14.7 g;
Fat 16.2 g; Protein 24.1 g.

Have A Terrific Thursday,

Phil
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!