Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
7/16/2015 10:42:35 PM
Hi Phil,

Good to see you back with the crock pot again. This too looks yummy.

Was just wondering how the diet is going, with all your low cal food you should be doing well.
I have lost about 25 pounds since you posted in here too, I am feeling much better too. I give the credit to cocoanut oil. I read where it is good for the thyroid and I do think mine is working better.

So keep those recipes coming.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/17/2015 8:51:46 PM
Hi Myrna,

Good to see you again my Friend. Congratulations on your weight loss. Sounds good, and I'm sure that you're doing it the healthy way as well. Personally, my weight is still a day-to-day battle. Mostly due to Depression. Seems like whenever one problem gets fixed, another starts acting up. Now they say I have blockages in both legs. My first Surgery is on on August 3rd. Simple procedure really, just Angioplasty done as an Outpatient over at Forsyth Hospital. Just wish I could be more active again.

Anyway, I know that you like Coconut, so here's one in the Crock Pot that you might like. A wonderful full flavored, easy to make meal with a delicious tropical taste.

Slow Cooker Coconut Curry

Ingredients

2 lbs Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into cubes
2 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 Onion chopped
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 (13.5 oz) Can of Coconut Milk
1 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1/4 Cup Curry Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1 tbs Corn Starch
1 tbs Raisins
1 tbs Flaked Coconut

Directions

Place chicken, potatoes, onion, garlic, coconut milk, chicken broth, curry powder, salt, and black pepper in the slow cooker.

Cook on low for 4 hours. Add red pepper and cook for an additional 45 minutes. Stir in cornstarch and cook until thickened, about 15 minutes more. Sprinkle with raisins and coconut flakes to serve. Serves 6.

For a little extra heat, like I like it, you may want to add a little jerk seasoning or pepper flakes. Also, be careful and stir slowly at the end or you will end up breaking apart the soft potatoes and end up making mashed. In addition, for easier cleanup, I generally use a liner in the Crock Pot.

Calories 381; Cholesterol 79 mg; Fiber 4.6 g; Sodium 338 mg; Carbohydrates 22.7 g;
Fat 18.2 g; Protein 33.4 g.

Have A Wonderful Weekend,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/18/2015 4:23:31 PM
Thanks Phil for that wonderful Coconut Chicken recipe.

I have been using coconut oil for 5-6 years now. I have had low thyroid function all my life. I also read where coconut oil can help the thyroid and I do believe that is true. I didn't eat any differently other then the coconut oil. It was over a period of 2 and half years. Funny thing was I lost inches long before I lost the weight. I have dropped two sizes in my clothes. It was nice getting all new clothes too. Especially when they were given to me.

Phil I am so sorry to hear of your depression, which is a awful thing to have.If there anything I could to help, please let me know.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/18/2015 6:16:45 PM
Hi Myrna,

Glad that you liked the recipe my Friend. Thanks for stopping by and Thanks for your kind words.

Have A Great Weekend,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/21/2015 10:02:19 PM
Hello My Friends,

This evening we have Chicken and Asparagus simmering in our Slow Cooker along with Apple Juice, Balsamic Vinegar, Rosemary, and Ginger, in this recipe with takes advantage of the abundance of Asparagus in the Spring. In later seasons, Fresh Green Beans would be a good option to replace the Asparagus.

Balsamic Pear, Chicken, and Asparagus

Ingredients

1 tbs Vegetable Oil

4 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts Halves, cut into strips

1 Onion, sliced thin

Salt & Pepper to taste

2 Ripe Bartlett Pears, cored and sliced

1 lb Fresh Asparagus, trimmed

4 Cloves Garlic, minced

2 tbs Balsamic Vinegar

3 tbs Apple Juice

1 tsp Dried Rosemary

1 tbs Grated Fresh Ginger

2 tbs Dark Brown Sugar

Directions

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken in the hot oil until completely browned, 3 to minutes;transfer to a slow cooker. Add the onion to the chicken; season with salt and pepper. Place the pears and asparagus atop the chicken mixture.

Mix the garlic, balsamic vinegar, apple juice,

rosemary, ginger, and sugar together in a bowl; pour over the asparagus. Season again with salt and pepper.

Cook on Low for 4-6 hours. Serves 4.

Calories 309; Fat 7.4 g; Cholesterol 69 mg; Sodium 70 mg; Carbohydrates 33.5 g; Fiber 6.1 g; Protein 29.1 g.

Have A Terrific Tuesday,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!