Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
7/16/2013 12:11:09 AM

Hello Myrna,

Thanks for stopping back by and thanks for your comments. Be sure and let me know what you think of the Apples.

Sticking with the fruit theme, here's a little something that we had over the holiday this year. One of my favorite desserts is peach crisp and I wanted to make some for our 4th of July BBQ, but it was a busy day for us, plus it was just too darn hot to fire up the oven. So of course, my crockpot came to the rescue. You can make this recipe without heating up the entire house during the summer.

Crockpot Peach Crisp

Ingredients:
8 Peaches, Peeled and Sliced
1 1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Stick Butter, Softened
3/4 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
Preparation:
  1. In a bowl combine peaches, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and granulated sugar and toss to combine.
  2. Pour peaches into the bottom of a large crock-pot (I used a 6 quart oval)
  3. In another bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and cut with a pastry blender or two knives and cut until mixture resembles a coarse crumble.
  4. Evenly pour crumble mixture over top of peaches.
  5. Cover and cook on high 2 hours.
  6. Serves 6-8.

Serve the peach crisp either warm, room temp or even chilled. Best served with a little vanilla ice cream for the ultimate indulgence. Personally, I prefer Breyers No Sugar Added Vanilla.

Have A Great Week My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/19/2013 3:04:28 AM

Hello Everyone,

Here's another recipe that works for my family and I thought that you might like it as well. This Lemon Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe is so simple yet so incredibly delicious, I’d hardly even call it a recipe. The preparation is so minimal and it requires just a few ingredients, yet the end result is a wonderfully moist and succulent chicken breast that boasts just 3 WW Points + per serving. It goes great when served over rice or roasted vegetables, or even on a sandwich. Strain some of the liquid leftover in the slow cooker and pour some over the chicken right before serving…it’s delicious. This is an excellent and incredibly easy Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Recipe that is a staple for when I have no time or energy to put into cooking, but still want to serve something healthy, flavorful, and low in Points.

Lemon Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken

Ingredients

• 2lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 6 fillets
  • 10 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 3 lemons, sliced
  • 1 cup fat free chicken broth
  • 1 tbsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp salt, or more to taste
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper

Preparation

1. Spray bottom of slow cooker with nonfat cooking spray. Place hanf of the lemons and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker.
  2. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and thyme and place on top of lemons and garlic.
  3. Cover chicken with remaining lemon slices and garlic, and pour broth over everything.
  4. Cover and cook on low about 4-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through. Liquid from slow cooker can be strained and served over chicken. Serves 6.

Have A Happy Friday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/19/2013 6:59:20 AM
SOUNDS DELICIOUS PHIL

my goodness. lots of garlic and lots of lemons!!!
we sure have missed you and your delicious food.

Pat
I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/19/2013 4:47:44 PM

Hi Pat,

Great to see you back here at the Forum. I've had several weeks of good health lately and since I've been missing all of my Adland Friends, I decided to give it a try for as long as I'm able. Of course, since I'm on a diet these days, lost 35 pounds in four months, I'm not eating as much as I used to every day. However, I still like sharing good recipes with all of my Friends.

Here's a guilt-free snack that I like and I hoped that you all would as well. I have made these with both almonds and pecans and they turned out so good. I have also made them using sugar and brown sugar with the same ratios and they are great, I just prefer to make up this particular recipe because I have several members in my family that are diabetic and we can all enjoy them together.

Sugar Free CrockPot Candied Nuts

Ingredients

3 c splenda, granulated
3 c brown sugar splenda
6 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 egg whites
4 tsp vanilla extract
6 c almonds or pecans (or a mix)
1/4 c water

Preparation

1 In a large bowl or large heavy duty freezer bag, thoroughly mix together sugars, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside. In a medium sized bowl, combine egg whites and vanilla and whisk together until it starts to get frothy and bubbly. Add nuts and toss until well coated. Then pour mixture into dry mix and toss until well combined.
2 Spray inside of crockpot with Pam and add nut mixture. Turn setting to low (note- if your crockpot cooks at a higher temperature, you may want to use the warm setting, I have two crockpots and they each cook differently!).
3 Cook with the lid on 3-4 hours, stirring every 20-30 minutes. If your crockpot cooks at a higher temperature, it may cook faster so keep an eye on it and use your nose to make sure it doesn't burn! In the last hour, add the water and stir very well. Continue stirring every 15 minutes for at least 45 minutes to ensure they are well coated. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture flat to cool and harden. Make sure there are not large clumps. Once they harden, break apart and store in an airtight container. Serves 4-6.
Enjoy!
Happy Weekend My Friend,
Phil
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/11/2013 5:21:14 PM

Hello Everyone,

Here's a favorite dish from my friends in the "other" Carolina, South Carolina, that is. Start this tomorrow morning, come home at lunch to add the Sausage, and then you can come home to a slow cooked hearty dinner featuring sausage, shrimp, potatoes and Green Giant® Nibblers® corn-on-the-cob. A delicious Summertime meal.

Slow Cooker Low Country Boil

small red potatoes (1 1/4 lb)
cups water
can or bottle (12 oz) regular or nonalcoholic beer
to 5 tablespoons seafood seasoning (from 6-oz container)
stalks celery, cut into 4-inch pieces
onion, cut into quarters
lemons, cut in half
lb cooked kielbasa sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
Green Giant® Nibblers® frozen corn-on-the-cob, cut into 3-inch slices
lb uncooked large shrimp in shells, thawed if frozen
Cocktail sauce, if desired
  1. Spray 7-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place potatoes in slow cooker. Add water, beer, seafood seasoning, celery and onion. Squeeze lemons over mixture in slow cooker; add lemon halves to slow cooker.
  2. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 hours. Add sausage and corn. Cover; cook 2 hours longer.
  3. Increase heat setting to High. Add shrimp to slow cooker; stir gently. Cover; cook 15 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Turn off slow cooker; let stand 15 minutes. Drain. Serve with cocktail sauce. Makes 6 servings

Nutrition Information: 1 Serving - Calories 460, Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 5g,), Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 3g), Protein 45g.

Have A Happy Sunday,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!