Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
1/10/2013 8:58:38 PM

Hello Friends,

Here's one that you might like to try at home in your Slow Cooker. Just pass around small bowls of dry-roasted peanuts and chopped fresh cilantro to sprinkle over the chicken, and serve with wedges of warm pita bread.

Slow Cooker Chicken In Peanut Sauce

tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
large chicken thighs (about 3 lb), skin removed
large onion, chopped (1 cup)
cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
can (14.5 oz) crushed tomatoes, undrained
tablespoons honey
1 1/2
teaspoons ground cumin
teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3
cup creamy peanut butter
cups hot cooked couscous
  1. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil about 4 minutes, turning once, until brown.
  2. In 4- to-5-quart slow cooker, mix onion, diced and crushed tomatoes, honey, cumin and cinnamon. Add chicken. Spoon tomato mixture over chicken.
  3. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
  4. Stir in peanut butter until melted and well blended. Serve chicken and sauce over couscous.

Have A Terrific Thursday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/10/2013 9:13:10 PM
oh my this recipe looks good and would be great on a cold day ( which is what it is here in Edmonton)...thanks for sharing and I am always looking for different types of meals to make ^-^
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/20/2013 2:24:49 AM
thank you phil for the delicious recipe. glad to see you back. i have posted from time to time hoping you would return soon.

hugs,
pat

Here's one that you might like to try at home in your Slow Cooker. Just pass around small bowls of dry-roasted peanuts and chopped fresh cilantro to sprinkle over the chicken, and serve with wedges of warm pita bread.

Slow Cooker Chicken In Peanut Sauce

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/11/2013 10:39:12 PM

Hi Friends,

Here's a little something you might like to try this weekend or even during the week. Since it's in the Crockpot, you can eat good and still enjoy some time with your Family.

Cola Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Ingredients

• 6 pounds boneless pork shoulder
  • 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
  • 1 cup cola
  • Potato buns, pickle chips and barbecue sauce, for serving

Directions

1. Rub the pork shoulder with the chile powder. Place in a large slow cooker. Pour the cola around the pork. Cover and cook on low heat until the meat is fork-tender and cooked through, about 8 hours.
  2. Using two large forks, transfer the pork to a cutting board and let cool slightly. Shred the meat.
  3. Pour the cooking liquid into a large bowl or 1-qt. measuring cup and let stand for 10 minutes. Skim the fat from the surface and discard.
  4. Return the meat to the cooker and warm over low heat, mixing in some of the cooking liquid to moisten.
  5. To serve, pile the pulled pork onto the bun bottoms and top with pickles. Drizzle with your favorite barbecue sauce and cover with the bun tops. Makes 10 to 12 servings.

Enjoy Your Weekend Folks,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Nellie .

594 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/11/2013 11:03:42 PM
Hi Phil, I am so glad you are back. You were so missed. Stay with us good friend. I will try this recipe, Cola Pulled Pork Sandwiches. It looks tasty. Nellie
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!