Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: Profile Comments
1/31/2010 4:20:36 PM
Hi Cheryl: I am a new-by here and do enjoy the community as I learn . Coming from someone who is interested in the this community we come across as trying two hard to sell. The saying is slow down smell the coffee so yes if your stopping in to say hi then do that and say hi. one add is fine then say your comment. Now what I would like to say is that some of us don't understand the process of too much advertisement or should I say Spam. OH wait how is there Spam in this community. I thought we were a community full of Spam.. lol Listen I feel its all good too much advertisement will just get me not to look A little is curious and I do mean where ever you put it.. So spam me. If Im not interested I delete.
Thanks your Friend and Neighbor, Howard
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/2/2010 4:28:35 AM
Hi Jim,

Yes, I do feel that the link to my profile is my ad. I can have clickable links in my about me and if anyone is curious enough they can click on my name in their profile, and find out something about me.

What is The Kitchen? I see that it is a place for discussion but perhaps you'd tell me a little more.

Thanks for taking the time to participate in my forum.

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/2/2010 4:34:38 AM
Hi Howard,

Thanks for visiting this forum.

I appreciate your comments. Instead of being so much "in your face", with all the ads on peoples profiles, maybe people might realize that the link to their profile is an ad. Now that we have clickable links in our About Me, it makes it easy for anyone to find out what we do. It is better to have people come to us rather that being so "pushy" with our ads. I do think that turns people off and I also think people have learned to tune them out so it doesn't accomplish it's intended purpose anyway.

Thanks again for visiting.
Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/2/2010 8:05:16 AM
Hi Flash,

Thank you for taking the time to comment here.

Fortunately we all have the power to delete any profile comment we do not want on our page. If people inundate us with ads, most people just tune out and the person doing the advertising has gained nothing.

Curiosity is a great thing. Saying enough to get someone curious enough to visit your profile is the best way to gain a friend, and perhaps, after developing a relationship, a business partner.

Have a good day!

Cheryl
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/2/2010 3:00:17 PM
Quote:
Hi Jim,

Yes, I do feel that the link to my profile is my ad. I can have clickable links in my about me and if anyone is curious enough they can click on my name in their profile, and find out something about me.

What is The Kitchen? I see that it is a place for discussion but perhaps you'd tell me a little more.

Thanks for taking the time to participate in my forum.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

The Kitchen is my forum where "Everything is open for Discussion" no matter the topic or your point of view it is welcome there. As long as it is germane to the topic of the thread. Sometimes the atmosphere can be quite warm especially when cooking up a big meal it can be quite warm in the kitchen. Only the most hardy of cooks can stand the heat during these times.

The Kitchen is open to any and all no matter their position on the subject of a particular thread..

When I was growing up, our kitchen table was where all discussions happened, good, bad, and indifferent. So drop in and pull up a chair.

Just know there are threads that folks can advertise there and folks are encouraged to use them. Any ads in a thread not asking for your ad will cause your post to be deleted and a reprimand sent. Continue to abuse this one rule will cause one to be expelled from the kitchen.

Great discussion here and I bet your profile visits have increased and therefore your business is gaining good exposure. Awesome work, keep it up.

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!