Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Profile Comments
1/28/2010 5:42:45 PM
Hi Flash,

Thanks for your comment.

I still feel that a new person comes here to promote their business and if instead they get a bunch of ads for other things on their profile.....well, I think that's discouraging to them to say the least.

I think many of them don't come back or don't come back for a while. I'd like to see them stay and enjoy getting to know people here while they work on their business.

Networking is a relationship business, not an advertising business.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Flash Smith

1053 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/30/2010 6:43:44 AM
Thanks Cheryl, I think maybe you misunderstood me. What I was referring to was there are different levels of advertising. I didn't mean to put a dozen ads in one comment. I thought 1 link going back to your profile page and/or forum would not hurt them. In fact it would give them a place to go to find out what was going on in here. I feel like it would ease what they though they should do or not.
Like the Adlandpro Help Desk.
I have had a lot of people here ask me "Where do I post my Ads?" Also How do I post my ads? Lots of questions has been placed on me.
I give them the link to Adlandpro Help desk and the other Help Forums here at adlandpro. This was done in my chat room.
That is one reason why I put up the pic showing people where to click on the toolbar to put their banners and pictures in the posts.
I am sorry I have never been that good on explaining anything.
I would object if someone (and they did) posted 8 posts in my profile comments of the same thing and each one had a link in it. I sent him an e-mail and ask him to back off a little. I deleted all the comments he posted but one. I did not get a reply from him.
Certain Levels are ok as for as I am concerned. High levels are not ok with me.
The bottom line is you should use "common sense" in posting advertising here at adlandpro.

That is how I feel about it. Sorry I didn't explain myself well to start with.

Quote:

Just because this is a advertising based community does not mean rampant spamming is the preferred method of building relations. Greeters are welcome in any community, it makes new members welcome. Thanks to those whose purpose is for this reason.

Jim, I never said anything about Rampant Spamming!! Now did I? Those are your words not mine !!

Have a Great Day to You and Yours
Flash
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/30/2010 2:13:09 PM
Flash as I have stated many times before... "If the shoes fits wear them. If you don't like the fit then buy a new pair." Don't get upset when the point is made.

Should you like to discuss these trivialities further do come to the kitchen and pull up a chair.

One point on profile comments. Why do you think your lovely picture and link to your profile page accompanies every post you make? That's YOU AD ! So none other is needed. ;-0

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Flash Smith

1053 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/30/2010 6:49:53 PM
That is Your opinion, Jim. It is NOT my opinion. The Shoe don't fit me so I am not going to wear it. To Each His Own. nough said!!

Have a Great Day
Flash
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/30/2010 7:49:11 PM
See above comment I do not believe you comprehended the content.

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!