Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: Profile Comments
2/13/2010 2:49:23 PM
I am totally put off by people leaving comments or messages that just advertise their opportunity. That is the number one way to get me to NOT add you as a friend or check out your links. As a new member, I haven't had a chance to explore much yet, but the reason that my only friend so far is Cheryl is because of how politely and respectfully she approached me, and offered me sincere and helpful suggestions.
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/19/2010 6:29:39 AM
Hi Kai,

Thanks for your comments. I don't like to see other people's ads in the profile comments. I'd never look at them either.

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Alyssa Brush

126 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/30/2010 2:24:30 PM

I like getting comments and giving them. Personally, I do not promote my business in the comments I give. I do not feel it is the right time and place. I want to make friends here and not just promote my business. I want to share and learn from my friends. They may just have the opportunity I have been searching for.

Thanks,

Alyssa

AskAlyssa...My Saving Grace http://trafficadbar.com/_vw0
+0
Josh Engel

100 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/28/2011 7:37:04 PM
Hi Charyl

I belive the profile comment is a great way to develop know like and trust for so people know who you are

But advising business on some one else profile just dose not work most people who are on this site are already part of a business but its a social media site when it come down to the core
Josh Engel,Jman Action Is Power 605-630-1453 josh.w.engel@gmail.com
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/29/2011 1:58:04 AM
Hi Cheryl. I saw this thread because you sent me an invite to the forum. Your forum has an interesting friendly phrase, so here I am.

I guess this is a pet peeve of mine because I delete ALL ads that people post to my profile. My profile is about ME. It isn't about Adult sites or the latest get quick scheme. I have become friends with some people who posted a polite MERRY CHRISTMAS or HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD NEW YEAR to me and that is much more professional than the hit and run ad that many people have been doing.

Thanks for asking our opinions.
Have a nice weekend.
Pat

Quote:
I have read a wide variety of comments posted on profiles. I'll admit that I have deleted two of the comments on my profile because I don't want my profile to be a place for others to place their ads without even saying anything to me. I like to see comments that are friendly and for that person. Comments that contribute to this being a friendly place and more in the line of getting to know something about that person are what I like to see. I don't feel it is a place to advertise my business on someone else's profile. I see that some have not allowed any comments on their profile. I'd rather see a few comments if they want to delete the ones with ads in them. I think it helps us all be a part of this community. What do you think?
I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!