Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: What about Respect in Making a Difference?
2/8/2009 5:17:41 PM

Affirmation can = Respect, which means, instead of always getting my thoughts or point across about what you said, I "affirm" "what" you just said.   When you then notice that indeed I did "hear" and "perceive" what the spirit of your words meant "to you," I have given you Respect and gained yours!  Now you may be more willing to "hear" me since you now believe I truly understand you!

Respect is Blue.....and Love is Pink!

Just as talking, to men is an opprotunity to exchange information and also to provide answers, while to a woman it is an opportunity to connect emotionally, women more often are seeking Love by what they say and do, and men have a inbred desire and need for Respect.

This has been tested by people!  Women have marveled after exchanging all their efforts in and Giving Respect to their husbands, for example, letting him hear us say that we recognize and appreicate his day after day efforts to work endlessly and hard at his job in order than I and the kids can have a good home and security.  Men are born with the Provider instinct and when we women only show him recognition that he's been gone all day while "I" have had to deal with all the house issues and kids, and maybe a job too, this only steals his much needed Respect for being a good Provider.  Men and Women are wired differently.

When a woman cries and nags or complains that hubby is too busy for her or even complains that he isn't doing enough at home, etc., it's not that she can't handle her share, it's that she's wanting and needing "Love" from him.  So he provides reasonable and good answers for her problems at home. Wrong!  She doesn't want answers; she wants to know you love her.

We all know that women are emotional and men are reasonable in the larger magin.  We speak 2 different languages and "Respond" also from our own language.  This is where the meaning comes in about how S_X seems to be love to a man while emotional closeness is to a woman.  We are wired differently.  Respect is Love to a man and Emotional Connectedness is Love to a woman.

From ChristianCounceling,
                                                                 Kim

+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/8/2009 5:17:46 PM
Dear Sweet Amanda,
Greetings!
Jean Marie has explained very well on how sometimes we shoot our mouth off without realising.  But respect in this terms is to explain the situation and no regrets after.

I understand your frustration and can relate to it.  However, if we see the positive side to it, your focus was on the guy and not on your friend so the shooting of the mouth was what you deemed appropriate.

Thanks for sharing, it took much courage to say it.

Love, Rinna
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/8/2009 5:50:57 PM
Hi Kim

wow, here we go on another angle of respect.
Your post was great and I thoroughly enjoyed reading
and nodding and agreeing as I read. 

You also have a wonderful way of explaining in plain English
and I do appreciate the fine arts of the written language like
this.

I understand and agree your pink and blue examples,
although I had not quite heard it in this way before.
I read some pieces from Women from Venus and Men
from Mars (or was it vice versa) which had some similar explanations.  Women have kind of a point system that
they unconscientiously use to award our menfolk.  I
kind of do this too that I find some things more important
than perhaps my husband would think important.

I just knew there was far more in this little 7 letter word
than meets the eye *lol*

I hope you are receiving as much enjoyment as I am
from this wonderful topic.

Amanda
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/8/2009 6:03:49 PM
Hi Rinna,

Yes, I was not even really feeling nasty about this neighbour
I just spoke out honestly like I had done for years prior
as we were best friends and we knew each other that we
did not really mean negative things that we said to hurt.
Just brutal honesty.

I am getting better with 'running off at the mouth' as I do
get frustrated many occasions with the system or stubborn things that I do have control over

I have vented to the customer service or other people
about the service or product, or just any topic in general
etc that I am talking to them about
I have ensured them
so they know that I am angry with them but the system,
law, product, or what-have-you and not with this particular person.

Fortunately they have understand where I am and have not
taken offense.

Sometimes policies and rules are put in place just to thawt
us and make it more difficult to get things done easily that
one has to take a more round about route to get to the
solution to fix the problem!!

Amanda

+0
Jean Marie

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/8/2009 6:15:56 PM

Dearest Rinna, Amanda & Kim-

Mmmmm......  "brutal"....  I do not believe I like the term, at all, at all....  the definition itself is not pleasant....

1archaic : typical of beasts : animal2: befitting a brute: as a: grossly ruthless or unfeeling <a brutal slander> b: cruel , cold-blooded <a brutal attack> c: harsh , severe <brutal weather> d: unpleasantly accurate and incisive <the brutal truth> e: very bad or unpleasant <a brutal mistake>

— I think I would prefer honesty delivered with tact & diplomacy.....

I think, at times, it is not what we say, but how we say it, that will either gain us the respect we crave or tear it apart at the seams.

I make a motion that we remove that phrase from the English language....

Hugs,

JeanMarie

JeanMarie http://www.3daydancers.com "May you live today from what you learned yesterday to achieve a better tomorrow"
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!