Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What is Your Passion?
1/26/2009 2:01:16 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/26/2009 9:37:52 AM
Hello ALAIN :-)

What a great topic and way to get acquainted with our friends! ... it is interesting to learn about their passions!

My first lesson about passion came from my grandma - GOD BLESS HER - she will always be in my heart - and it was a very simple one:

"My child, if you have to do something than better do it with passion! ... as soon as it has to be done anyway, at least find some pleasure in it!"

This is something I will always remember mostly when unpleasant things has to be done :-) - what's the passion in it?! - well think about when its all done, you find yourself over it! That's the utmost pleasure and passion! - gives you the most rewarding feeling: I DID IT DESPITE ALL ADDS!

So, one way or another I may say that I can find passion in almost everything I do, but not MONEY! I know they are essential for living, but never could look at them as purpose or ... 

... well, I have to run again so I stop here now but I'll keep an eye of mine on this thread! :-)

With friendship,
Anamaria
+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/26/2009 4:26:15 PM

Anamaria,  I understand and God said it too..........

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might."

If we sow our best we are more likley to reap our best, and that can matter in "All" things.  Good thought!  And yes, the "Love" of money...
and we know the rest...and what is has is and causing in this world.  It's something to be cautious about I think, and I think you think too.  Because if any temptation arises in us as a result of "loving" money in the spirit this word intends, how many of us know that the tiniest temptation is like a forest fire if our baby finger touches it?

Nice thought,  Kim

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/26/2009 5:35:12 PM

Hi Alain,

I like MAKING STUFF in BRIGHT COLORS!   First of all, when I was 12 years old I had knee surgery and I had a cast on my leg for 6 weeks, half the summer.  My aunt bought me a latch-hook rug kit, so I learned how to do that and I made a large rug that had orange and brown mushrooms all over it.  I don't know what happened to it since then, I haven't seen it since I left my parents house!
Now doing latch-hooking would hurt my wrists but I taught my sons how to do it several years ago, even though they are boys, they helped me make one!

Then in 1999 I learned how to do web design and I've made dozens of sites, probably more than 100 or 150, who knows? 

Then last year I started making jewelry, all flashy, non suitable to wear to a funeral.  Haha!

So that's my passion!!  Creating the bright and the flashy!!

+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/26/2009 5:54:20 PM

Hey Kathleen, 

Actually I love crafts such as this too, and even hearing you talk about it!  ha ha!  I bet you wish you had that rug!  Just because of the work you did as a kid.  I wish I had all the pictures I drew and "took great time" to do then.  Kept them into adulthood but lost them somewhere.  Boy do I love Big latchhook rugs!  And I think it's great that the boys can do it...why not?  It's a hand craft and also turns out to be something even guys/men would love.  Oh boy...my Mother in Laws Sister makes the neatest bead things...you know...on top of jewelry, for example, little dolls holding paper umbrella using birthstone color beads...so cute!  And the most beautiful Tree ornaments...she makes some kind of netting that the "big" bulb hangs in that's delicate looking, and stars and trees that lay flat so you hang them in windows at Christmas...and hers are just fabulous!  I like to Cross Stitch...but by golly my eyes are not as fine as they used to be...but I can get an old lady heat lamp to blast the light on my project as I sit in my recliner and stitch!  ha ha!  No offense old ladies...I'll be caught up with you in no time and heck, already calling myself old lady!  Alright already!  
         Enjoy your projects!  If I was your neighbor I'd be over working with you!  A little inspiration from a fellow crafter and boy would I love it!  I was given a million very pretty pre-cut quilt squares....maybe someday I'll find time to get busy!      See ya,  Kim

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!