Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
What is Your Passion?
1/25/2009 5:23:36 PM
Dear Friends,

Either to Develop Your Business or even to Improve Your Quality Of Life, it will "Make A Difference" for You to know or find out about your PASSION... in fact, I would say it will MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE...

As Bogdan wrote in the last Best Forum Award Newsletter...

"Determine what your passion is and what you enjoy doing
even if you were not paid to do it!

The first step in deciding what type of business to own is to figure out what it is that you really love doing.

"Nobody can be successful unless he loves his work."
– David Sarnoff, TV pioneer

By doing this, you’ll be one step closer to discovering the perfect business venture for you. If you skip this important step, you will be missing out on a wonderful growth opportunity as it truly influences how successful you’ll be in your business. You see, passion is the single most important thing in helping you get over the hurdles of disappointment.  As a fledgling business owner, you will be required to learn new things. You’ll be forced to enhance and develop certain skills and you will uncover many obstacles along the way. This will not be easy and as such, you may even be tempted to give up. But, if you have passion, you will keep going. You will not slow down and will stay focused in developing your business and being actively involved in it. In essence, your passion will get you through the tough times and will encourage you." - Bogdan

So, I invite You to come in this Forum to share about...
1)  Have you found Your Passion?
2)  How did You find about Your Passion?
3)  What is Your Passion?
4)  How do You see it "Make A Difference" in Your Life?

+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What is Your Passion?
1/25/2009 5:51:36 PM

Hello Alain !

First : CONGRATULATIONS for creating an EXCELLENT forum with so interesting topics!

When saw your first posts at the beginning of December, I was happy knowing that one great person more, has joined us. Thanks for opening your heart from the first days here. It is not only a honor, but a true blessing, to have you among us.

And now about this great topic.

Passion and making difference.

I must admit that PASSION is most important word in my life. All what I do - I do passionate. So, things for which I don`t have passion , I really don`t do.

It is easier to count those for which I do not feel passion :

- ownership (on things and people)
- marriage (having a controller above my shoulders)
- arguing or quarreling
- having nice packed things in wardrobes
- gambling, drinking an alcohol
- being a controller over people or situations
- learning Geography or discussing it

All other things I do with passion and, actually enjoying each my minute - I think I made a difference. Not think - I did it.

Making a difference wasn`t a cheap task - but love and appreciation born with me, were enough proven "gold" to pay  with it.

Thanks for motivating me to think about my life. I love it very, very much. With whole my passion!

Blessings,

Branka

-

+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/25/2009 5:55:13 PM

Wow Alain!  Beautiful!  I Love the poem, the picture, the idea, and the Word...Passion itself!  Interesting thought for people to consider, and timely!  I had just posted this saying over at Thomas forum:      "Desire is a manifestation of your Desires Seeking to Express themselves!  This must be the message of the day!  So while people consider their Passions, they can also consider that their talents lie within! 
.......................................................................................

My Passion is well known to me and has always been to minister to people and the ways I love most...Counceling & Preaching.  Nothin in life do I love more or feel a greater calling to, and am in school for these very goals.  What we find also about our "Desires" or "Passions" is that they are already a part of us, even though sometimes we havn't Recognized it yet!  So I like to say sometimes, think about what you find yourself doing or seeking the most, or having the greatest interest in, or what is it that you are always caught Giving people or trying to give?  What are you Looking for?  All these provide clues to what your real Desires are and thus...your Passions and Talents!

This is ironic to me....I spent most of my life from around age 16 until 40 with something of genetic Depression and that combined with my particular spiritual life and life trials etc., allowed or gained me alot of various intense pains in life and acquaintance with what people must feel like when they....
Go through Divorce with children, have low self esteem, feel like they have not a soul to turn to, etc, etc.  Now today I am Passionate about hurting people and about not overlooking people I may suspect or see as having silent desperation., and because I have felt this way I don't want my neighbor to feel so hopeless and alone like I did. 

With this, I do beleive that there is God given meaning and purpose in our natural good Deisres/Passions in life....that their presence is there to guide or lead us to our own purposes.  It also seems that our lives have "fit" our purposes if we look back and recognize it.  In this way, I really like to encourage high school grads, who have a tough time figuring out what in the world they want to do, to try to inspect theirselves and their lives to see where their Passions are and sense of purpose and meaning.  It seems there are people who are driven by whatever path or career can offer the greatest material success, but I do wonder if most people will ultimately feel in life the greatest sense of accomplishment and Joy when they discover more so what "they" are made to Give and Offer the world than what the world can offer them!   What do you think?

Wonderful forum Idea; I Love it!
                                                                              Kim S

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/25/2009 6:40:02 PM

wowwowwowwowwowwowwowwowwowow

Alain my new friend,

It's great to be here.

Wonderful idea for a forum.

It gives such great scope.

I see that I ve been beaten to this thread by two lovely ladies who have kept me very busy posting in the last few days. Bless them both.

My Passion.

Wow, where do I start. I am a passionate person. This world, this life and the things in them keep me fascinated and asking for more. For me life is too short.

I love to write and sing. I get to write more than sing these days and nobody can hear me in the car.

I love my work with people as a hypnotherapist. Most people have some challenges and it is my pleasure to help them to overcome. To see people happy has to be the greatest of gifts.

I adore my family and in particular I love being around my three gorgeous granddaughters. The laughter of children is one infectious thing I'm happy to catch.

I love to garden. I have had a garden design business for over 20 years and I still love it. I have had the pleasure of helping humble folk and millionaires, it is so great to see gardens that I planted way back.

I will stop now and give somebody else a chance.

Roger Macdivitt

wowwowwowwowwowwowwowwowwowwow

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/25/2009 7:00:29 PM

Hi Alain,

What a wonderful topic!!  I share in the WOWOWOWOWOWOW's already posted by Branka, Kim and Roger.

Like Branka, I have a few things I have to do that I am not all that passionate about - those are the things that I really don't have a lot of choice about - they have to be done, and so I set about doing them with as much gusto as I can muster and getting them out of the way.

I get them out of the way so I can spend as much time as possible doing the things that I am passionate about.  I am passionate about life and living it to the fullest and being the best I can be. 

I am passionate about working with and helping others, about having fun, about good friends and being a good friend.  I am passionate about God, and family and spending as much time with both as I can.  I particularly love spending time with my grandchildren who keep me young and active . 

I am passionate about nature, and am particularly fond of birds, butterflies and flowers.  I love music and the way it can change a mood, an outlook and attitude in just a few bars of melody. 

I love getting up in morning and facing each day with gratitude that God has chosen to give me yet another day to get things right............  And Roger is right - life is just too short!

Hugs and blessings,

Judy 

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!