Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Is Your Name Googled? Please share ideas
10/14/2008 11:06:14 AM
Hi Mary,
Greetings!
Hello there angel lady.  I have to say this is truly an interesting topic.

For me, if I key in my full name as its unique, I will surely be on the top of the search list in Google.  However, my name Rinna is being used for other businesses.

Its always the key words that make a difference so hope to learn more from Dianne as well. 

Thanks for sharing and the great awesome saving you did for me.

Regards,
Rinna

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2008 12:42:53 PM

Yikes, this is getting good, Mary.  I love dialogs like this one, and I am learning too.

I love what Diane, did with all the links.  I know she has cautioned me about "overdoing" it or going overboard as she put it. 

One of things that I have been doing - and I hope Diane will jump in and correct me if I am wrong.

For the most part, while I am new at this and learning about relavancy and the use of the key words, I am posting without too many links - though if you look closely at both of my blogs at SuccessBlogNet and Google's Blogspot you are aot to find a link here and there to a product page or informational page at Bird Essentials.

Then, when I simply post a quote or an article that really doesn't have anything to do with birds, that it has words or phrases that also tie into the relavancy of the blog title or the topics, categories and titles that I use. 

If you got to Bird Essentials and look at some of the paragraphs in there, you have to know that they were VERY difficult for me to write - they sometimes don't make perfect sense, but it is in exactly those places that google is picking me up. 

Reverse key word searches helped me a lot way back when I was building Bird Essentials.  I used yahoo back then, but will hunt for a new place to do a good keyword search - Diane - can you help with that?

You type in a key word - bird feeders - and that reverse search would produce hundreds of other words that people used to find bird feeders on the web.  Some of them were:  brid feeders, decorative bird feeders, tube feeders, hopper feeders and on and on and on - and believe me some of them did not make sense to me, but they were real results and things that people actually type into the search bar. 

Hmmm - not a bad idea - need to search out where we can do that and come back.

Judy

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2008 12:51:42 PM
Hi Mary and Judy :-)

Here is a question to both of you or anyone for that matter -   What is the commonality of forums and blogs?

Look forward to your answers?

Best Regards,

Diane
Administrative Director
BlogNet Awards

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2008 1:08:09 PM

Rina Rani---there you are on the first page of Yahoo search BUT it is not Adlandpro.  Why not?

That question has been partly answered by Diane.

What part do we play in making Adlandpro profile or "about me" appear as page search result?  Why is Apsense on your first page?

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2008 1:10:35 PM

Judy,  Reverse key words?   Please explain.

Diane, Forums go to everyone on friends list.

Blogs will be read by targeted market.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!