Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Is Your Name Googled? Please share ideas
10/13/2008 3:54:48 PM

Wow, Thank you, Diane. 

Gee Mary, it looks like this is a never ending process.  Well, I'm up to it if you are.

I have to read and re-read Diane's post - I know I have some questions, just have to figure out how to ask them.

Thanks

Judy

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/13/2008 4:41:54 PM

Thanks  Judy for sending Diane in here.  Just  perfect as we needed more people to back up some of our theories.

Diane agrees:  linkedin.com is the highest ranking result when searching profiles names.

Adlandpro forums have dropped in content, being replaced by roses and teddy bears with "thank you".

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^  ^

Re: Name searches and user name searches, I was advised by someone with a user name that is an item  for which someone will be searching.  He also has had 10 years to build his reputation.

So now the question is, how to get your search words into forums.  What suggestions do we have?

First, I would say, STOP trying to post on EVERY FORUM.  First you iritate the forum owner.  Forum discussions are to be respected by speaking to the forum subject.  How welcome would a person  feel if someone  were to walk up to you and  begin a conversation about a heated subject and  your reply would be "thanks, very interesting, and by the way I just love your name".

Second, the forum owner is providing information they may have spent a lot of time researching, doing trial runs, and promoting to a larger audience than Adlandpro.

So I for one am changing tactics here.  I may read your forum and choose not to post as I have nothing relevant to say.  I will now post to subjects where I can use key words to bring people to my business.  Like I posted last night I am working on  changing my user name to a word that will bring people to my business.

Sad to say, but over the years, I put up some forums that drew a lot of readers and posters but none of the content has anything to do with what I am promoting.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Thank you Diane and you have no reason to worry about offending anyone.  Those of us reading this forum for the purpose of learning, take no offense at being shown the correct proceedure.  Knowing ones mistakes, makes us better business people. That was the sole purpose for this forum.

For those just snooping and getting ready to shoot arrows....hold your fire and heed the message.

The original post said we sink or swim together and right now Adlandpro has its head going under the water. Take heed ! ! I am hearing several other communities have the same problem.

+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/13/2008 5:55:34 PM
Hey Mary!

Now this is a forum to sink your teeth into!  I've been dealing with this issue since I started on the net.  There was a very famous Joe Downing who played in Alfred Hitchcock movies and well, he tops the Google pages.  However, I'm getting up there. Ahem! LOL!!! 

It has taken a lot of work understanding key words and such like others have written about.  You can not just post in forums and expect to get noticed.  You have to create posts and respond in posts with an abundance of the right key words AND often, but not duplicate across several forums in the same sites.

I think a good mixture of blogging, social forums, article submissions can do the trick for anyone.  But, it all has to be relevant to keywords that people put in the search bar.  I don't know if the bots still travel from link to link like they use too, but everyone use to instruct me to link to everything I could get a link on.  I hated that!  lol!!!

OK Teacher!  I'm in my desk and ready to learn some new stuff.

Studen with a great big red apple hugs,

Joe

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/13/2008 6:03:53 PM

So well stated Joe.  We have come up with some ideas, which I hope you waded through.

I did neglect to mention that it would be good if more Adlanders came and read.  We are all in this together and getting the word out could improve our time spent here in  Adlandpro.

Using good key words and lots of them I refer to as "rich text".  When I made the shoppping mall, Christmas Bazarre, Health and Wellness Expo I explicitly told people not to post their url but to describe their services.  It was like pulling teeth.  I removed posts, wrote them a notice explaining further and I think we all benefitted from the experience.

Serious people were not offended by removing their post.  They appreciated learning how to make forums work for them.

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/13/2008 6:04:30 PM
Thank you Mary for your kind reply.

To answer one part to what you said, I just don't like offending people.  Many who do know me and know me well, will understand.

I am going to give you a bit of a hint on how to work forums.  In fact I usually do this  and...lol as Judy is my student, then I am sure she will get a chuckle.

Before I do this though, I have to say that while I teach others how to blog  I am by no means an expert on SEO.  I have the concepts and I am mastering how to use keywords in a better way.

In many ways I am like the kindergarten/grade school teacher Tim is more the high school/university level of teaching, (although I am getting there :-)

The information on how to use the Web 2.0 platforms is all over the net, if you take the time to lookSocial Communities as has been pointed out, is about developing relationships, through relevant discussions.  Forums are very very useful and I did write about this on another forum.

Now....what did I just do?  Can you figure it out?  Was the discussion I just had relevant to what your were talking about?  hmm...look at those links?

To Your Success,

Diane
Administrative Director
BlogNet Awards

P.S I went a tad overboard here in a way, but this was an object lesson if you will...

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!