Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Is Your Name Googled? Please share ideas
10/15/2008 11:29:53 AM

No one has made comment to the posting by Diane on page 6 and Judy on page 7.  There are hidden messages there.

If you did not do so click on the special words in the script.  They did a beautilful job of writing a script to the subject but with leads to their business.

It will take some of your time, but go back to page 6 and 7 and test out and study.  You are here to learn, correct?

Am I understanding that the search engines gather the word and the url hidden under it, called a hyperlink? That would take extra time but look at the power of advertising you have created.

Diane just now taught me how to do it too.  How did I do? See we never stop learning.

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/15/2008 11:51:47 AM
Good Morning Mary:

In response to this part of your post:

"Am I understanding that the search engines gather the word and the url hidden under it? That would take extra time but look at the power of advertising you have created"

I found this article, that might be useful to you, in truth there is a lot of information on the net about everything you would ever want to know, I just was looking quickly and this is a good explanation:

The article was found on " How Stuff Works"

"I
nternet search engines are special sites on the Web that are designed to help people find information stored on other sites. There are differences in the ways various search engines work, but they all perform three basic tasks:

• They search the Internet -- or select pieces of the Internet -- based on important words.
  • They keep an index of the words they find, and where they find them.
  • They allow users to look for words or a combination of words found in that index......"

P.S when you hide a link within a keyword or a keyword phrase ( long tail keywords)  it is called hyperlinking.

When you create an article, a post, a valued comment using a good strategy of targeted keywords, people will click on links ( the hyper links).  This will take them to your site or blog.  When you build yourself as a person who can be trusted, who is informing ( not selling) you are in effect becoming an authority on what you are doing.  People learn to trust and see that you are credible.  This in the long run is the only way to build those relationships.  Search engines may pick up the words, it is the people who read them :-)

So many components to this...so many

Best Regards

Diane
Administrative Director
BlogNet Awards

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/15/2008 12:52:00 PM

Now to Bodgan's post.  I have to be humble and admit that I mixed apples and oranges.  I used the term "googled" not the noun Google.  I actually was using Yahoo, AVG, and mywebsearch to find my presence on the net.

Now that is a point to be made.  Not all search engines are equal.

Not all is lost tho, as we learned a lot of info here from our fellow Adlanders.  Isn't that what it is all about.  Everything is a lesson to be learned if the members are open to improving their thinking.

Here is a forum of yours Bogdan which I tried to promote for you. No one responded to my redirect to your forum but you did get visitors.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/1127626.aspx

It is a good example of what we are talking about here.  Your thread on Driven Business brought more visitors than many of your other quotes.

Please come back with suggestions as the question entered here  was "How can we help".

By the way, I see that what we put under our pictures is conveyed on our profile right to the Google page. Awesome.

Would it help to change it often?

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/16/2008 8:23:28 AM

Diane and Judy,  Great testimony of some skills here in Adlandpro. Just like this forum, we can't go it alone.  Arm in arm, hand in hand, we gain from being humble enough to ask for help.

I would also add Nick Grimshaw and

Marilyn Martin who have the gift of writing.

Who would be our html experts?

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/19/2008 7:31:20 AM

Hi everyone,  now for other questions about search engines.

If one posts the same thing in serveral different places in Adlandpro will the spiders ignore?

What if one makes as ad and then adds over and over the same ad or a different version of the ad with basically the same information, will the spiders pass over it?

If a person puts up a forum here and then goes to another community and posts the same information does that cancel out the spider's interest in the subject?

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!