Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Is Your Name Googled? Please share ideas
10/14/2008 1:14:55 PM

Hi Mary,

I see your listing as first on Google for your name

Advanced Search
Preferences
Web

Results 1 - 10 of about 59,500 for Mary Hofstetter. (0.15 seconds) 

Search Results

1. Mary Hofstetter @ AdlandPro Community

Easy Street has it all. http://www.easystreetpro.net/?refr=341 [view]. Mary Hofstetter (user id: mahofst) is offline. Last login: 10/ 1972 Friends ...
    community.adlandpro.com/go/mahofst/default.aspx - 36k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
  2. Mary Hofstetter - LinkedIn

View Mary Hofstetter's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Mary Hofstetter ...
    www.linkedin.com/in/gamesofskill - 19k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2008 1:47:13 PM
Hi Judy and Mary and everyone else.

I think for the purpose of keeping things as simple as possible and I would invite others to come in and either add to or make more clear terminology.

Keyword: Keyword is the term used for words included in a web page that would match words used by web surfers in finding that web page (via a search engine).

Reverse Keyword strategy/search: This is very similar to finding keywords for your site and then applying it to your competition.  Translate: you can determine which keywords and phrases your competition holds in the major search engines.
When you do this, then you can tweak your blog/website.
As an aside, you can use this technique for creating a sales copy for an advertising campaign.

In answer to my question " what is the commonality to both forums and blogging"

They both are targeting by the way Mary, in forums, the target is to the topic of the forum, in blogging to the niche of the blog.

More important is that in both blogs and forums, content is still king.  If you have nothing interesting to say, then both the blogs and forum that you have will lag.

If you are not actively participating in both forums and blogs, again you will lag.

In forums and blogging you should never advertise...oh my what a concept!  I will correct that -  if the forum is about posting your business, then a different issue obviously.

In forums and in blogging creating good comments are so important. They define who you are, you are showing that you are somebody worthwhile getting to know, building that all important relationship and then trust.  By doing that what have you accomplished? You are building YOU.  People see you as an authority and if your signature in forums is properly done ( um never use affiliate links) if you have created an important profile, then people are going to go CLICK. It is the same way with blogs, building your readership, building relationships, building trust.

Does this help a little?

Best Regards,
Diane
Administrative Director
BlogNet Awards
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2008 8:25:51 PM

Looks like I have some reading to do here!! YEAH!!

In the meantime I found a couple of forum links I had to share.  These are Tim Southernwoods forums:

I want to blog but i don't know where to start parts 1 and 2!!

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/1109136.aspx

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/1110711.aspx

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2008 9:00:51 PM
Thanks Judy for referring others to Tim and his articles on blogging.  I know for a fact he appreciates your support to Success BlogNet and BlogNet Awards.

I wonder how many people know Tim and what he really stands for. Here is another forum where Tim really shows people his thoughts and beliefs.
What Does Being In Business Mean To You?

Why am I putting this in here, in this forum topic which happens to be about how to use forums?

For the simple reason, this is using forums for the the absolute best reason - to develop a relationship, having a conversation and sharing ideas.  Note how the people commented, putting forth their ideas, very similar to here.  Note how he replied to others, continuing the conversations, sometimes in a light way, others more serious.   Many could learn a trick or two from that man.

There is another man who needs to be noted on Adlandpro, who is also a blogger  and knows how to use forums properly:

Kenneth RSword Jr  -  who by the way has his blog site Bad Ass Drumming nominated for the Best Music category on BlogNet Awards.  -  that was a huge hint folks...

Forums can be so awesome, wouldn't you agree?

If I can be of more use to you all, just let me know.

As Tim would say and I have said many a time -

To Your Success,

Diane
Administrative Director
BlogNet Awards

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Is Your Name Goggled? Please share ideas
10/15/2008 11:26:30 AM

Doing some  catching up here.  First greetings to all new readers and "thanks for visiting" goes to all of you. Participation here has been outstanding. 

In regard to your question about blogs and forums, I guess I missed the mark.  Too many of my forums have no relevance to my market.  So long learning that ! ! !  In response, I changed my business forum here in Adlandpro to directly relate to my main business which is how to generate leads on a budget. 

I had allowed anyone and everyone to post on my business forum, even offering it to them as a place to post an ad. Aren't I nice. Of course no one was invited which happens when you post on another's forum. The whole forum was in shambles with no rhyme or reason for ads there. Thus the title was changed and the focus. 

Today I had an inquiry as to how to go to my forum because the person is truly on a limited budget for business building and best of all had a solution she wanted to post.

As you mentioned a forum will fail if it has the name of a business and the url in the title. How can we help people when they do that? Do we care enough to make gentle suggestions. Perhaps just send them here to this forum if they are serious.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!