Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Living the Christian Life
9/29/2008 7:52:08 PM

Kamala, I'm glad you survived the hurricane (Ike). I know there are many folks who are still hurting from it, and will be for a while. I'm also happy to know your business is doing well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on depression. May I add, there are some antibiotics that make one feel depressed. I happen to be on one right now. I will be happy when I'm done with it.

+0
Beverly Kersey

1239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/30/2008 5:35:49 PM

We complain about the cross we bear but don't realize it is preparing us for the dip in the road that God can see and we cannot.

Whatever your cross,

whatever your pain,

there will always be sunshine, after the rain....

Perhaps you may stumble, perhaps even fall;

But God's always ready, to answer your call....

He knows every heartache, sees every tear,

a word from His lips, can calm every fear...

Your sorrows may linger, thr oughout the night,

But suddenly vanish, by dawn's early light...

The Savior is waiting, somewhere above,

to give you His grace, and send you His love.

May God fill your day with blessings!!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!

jesus019.jpg

Beverly Kersey
+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/30/2008 10:04:30 PM
Beautiful picture Bev!  I had to save it.  Yes, we complain, but not only are we being prepared for the higher places we will encounter, but Bev, I think we are just being taught "how" to suffer...the Right way.  The bible teaches us how to do many things the Right way, like how to trust God, how to worship him, how to be humble, how Love, how to forgive, etc...and also how to suffer.  I guess we could talk a long time about Why we need to learn how to suffer and the right way; maybe someone has some ideas.  All in all though, we do suffer in this life and not because God hates us or wants to hurt us; we know that's not true, but somehow there arises in us some virture when we suffer....not as an evildoer, but in Christ.  It has been said from very ancient days, that through suffering comes wisdom, and have we not seen this in our days?  I think if I could blot out all the pain and suffering I've experienced in my life, I would be blotting out some of the greatest things God has given me, shown me, and worked into me.  So then, just as the bible says we ought to "rejoice" in tribulation, because the trying of our faith works patience, I imagine we ought Not to grumble and complain when we suffer, unless we are doing it due to sin, but to Rejoice, knowing that here again is God allowing me to share in the suffering of his beloved Son, so that we also may not only be called a son of God, but know how to experience it also.  Yet the words you wrote are good, because they are meant to "Encourage!"  And this is the Spirit of God, who truly is our Encourager.    love kim
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/2/2008 6:22:54 PM

Bev, thank you so much for sharing this poem. You don't know how much it means to me right now...being down in the doldrums for over a week now...is there any light at the end of the tunnel yet? I came home to Kingman, Az. on Tuesday, and I've just been relaxing and trying to take it easy. Got to go back to Florida soon, and I'll be honest with you, I'm dreading it.

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/2/2008 6:26:32 PM

Kim, I realize you were aiming your post to Bev, but I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings here. I do appreciate it my friend, and bless you for it.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!