Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Living the Christian Life
9/10/2008 5:52:44 PM

I can imagine grueling over this, spending much of my time wrestling over the what if's and feeling perhaps upset that this is was I got at a time like this.  I don't know your details but if I dig inside I can recall getting an offer or assignment that might normally have been worthwhile but lucky me...I'm getting this!  And I'm stuck having to do it.  And even though I am I'm not so sure I feel surrendered and willing, so I'm stewing about it and honestly am feeling cheated.

Then I can recall different victories 'after' I fullfilled some obligation, that may or may not have rewarded me monetarily...the reward may have been something else; on interior gain of some value.  Sometimes money, even though it's a job, takes back seat, and even when we need it. 

Recently the Lord has had me in humble pie school, where in a sense I also have been sent to the tip of Spain, while my years of experience and skill ought to be more appreciated, and the money is questionable while I do need it and right when I'm facing heavy load in school!  And knowing God is with me too!  Who is the one who got me into this door of school.

I have faced some humility and also some worry about money and also some fears, but I have been fighting hard to "realize" that God is surely with me and to have full trust so that I don't later have to kick myself "again" for doubting him.  How many times has he failed us?  Never.

I also have done my best to retain a good and cooperative spirit, even when I was given scraps to work with, and felt insulted, and am beginning to see some reapings.  I am seeing God lift up my head and I mean among my commrades and also he is sustaining me well.

I notice lately..as it has kept coming to rememmbrance that "we have not because we ask not," and "If you ask your father for bread he will not give you a stone"..that whenever I do come away from my own efforts and sincerely ask God, each time an answer came and the next day!  More than once or twice.

There are tests you know in this life...right in the middle of our day to day lives, and the needs we have like money to meet our needs is a miniscule thing God, who says to us, don't even think about it!  you know I take care of the lilies and love you more. 

these are things I have felt strongly about lately.  One day sitting here grueling over my school work, I was encouraged by feeling someone was behind me, the chair moved or something, and no one there.  I'm not a mystic at all, but have seen the times when God's invisible messengers were clearly near and noticable.

Now onward! You're going to Spain unless God changes it, and you can ask him if he is sure you should go.  Don't ask a million times or he will think you are doubting that he heard you.  ha ha!  And you will keep on doubting if you should go.  It's a walk of faith not of doubt.

Don't even think for a minute that God isn't aware of all the "details."  He knows more about them than we do!  Everyday is a walk of faith and many of our days do lead to unexpected things and new doors that we never expected at all.  And we will learn that even if one of the doors looks to be taking us down, it's just a test of faith because later on the road will lead upward.  All this has been proven to me lately.                     Carry on, go forward, not backward, Kim

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/10/2008 6:20:38 PM
Hi Jim, Good Luck and Bon Voyage for Trinidad. I will pray that you are welcomed and that he will provide an adequate answer financialy. I love the feeling of love that surrounds your forum and those who post here. Our dear friend Judy deserves my thanks as do you for your caring comments. Time and a computer problem, that means I am unable to block unwanted spam, means that I have to deal wuth around 200 emails a day, hence the lack of replies to forums recently. As you may recall, I am a gardener (as well as hypnotherapist) and at this time of year it is mass hedgecutting here in the UK.With the wet summer it has meant that I have had to cut grass EVERY week since March, and still it grows. My full-time contracted helper suddenly decided, four weeks ago, to leave me without explanation and has left me "up a creek without a paddle" so two of us are doing three guys work at the busiest time of year and it rains every other day. Strange though, I am making better money (funny thing that) it must be more efficiecy. Again, have a great trip. Watch a game of cricket (they love it in Trinidad) I bet you can't come back understanding the rules. Speak soon. Roger
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/10/2008 8:35:40 PM

Hi Jim,

I will pray for you while you are in Trinidad.  My friend, you know that God will provide for you in every way.  I will also pray that your financial situation smooths out real soon.  What I do know is that God will provide!!  I can relate!I have been in that situation so often.

Roger my friend I wish I could delete your unwanted emails for you so you could spend more time here.  You also will be in my prayers.  You are having to work way too long!!  Guess we can pray that you get some reliable help soon.

Blessings!

Judy

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/12/2008 7:31:21 PM

Greetings from Trinidad and Tobago. I have arrived in a foreign land and all is well. I found a taxi cab waiting for me, as well as another Amerijet employee who was unbeknown to me, even though I asked dispatch if there were any others on the same flight, on the same airplane with me, and I also found a booking at a hotel with my name on it. I have been resting the past few hours after finding a Chinese restaurant down the street.

I understand the US has more or less trounced the Trinidad soccer team. The US has historically never done well against foreigners in soccer so this is somewhat of a victory.

I will be flying out of the Port of Spain San Juan Piarco Airport until the 22nd of September. I feel somewhat boxed in, as I have no wheels, I cannot talk on my cell phone, and I cannot send any text messages, well, that's not totally true, I could in an emergency. I'm finding it very expensive...$2.99 per minute on the phone, .35 to send a text message and .15 to receive one. The exchange rate is 6:1 to the USD, so the cost of living is not as high as I thought. The T&T dollar is not worth much, so what seems high, is not really. Thanks to each one who has sent a prayer up on my behalf!

+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/12/2008 8:04:00 PM
It sounds good to be boxed in for awhile...to be restrained from the million things life demands or offers.  Work alone is but one of many things that can occupy our minds and time.  I bet God has a purpose in everything; He is perfectly detailed in all his work.  I like the idea of being able to see different places and people.  Watch to see what purposes you may recognize that God has for you in this event.   don't worry; we will hold the fort here!  Kim
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!