Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Living the Christian Life
9/12/2008 8:12:29 PM

Hi Jim,

Wow, Trinidad!  I have never even dreamed of going there.  I am with Kim.  Being boxed in a bit for a few days - heaven, a blessing, peace, quiet, books, bible, computer and me. 

I will pray and know that our Heavenly Father will watch over you in your travels and bring you back safely to us!!

Have a wonderful evening.

God Bless,

Judy

+0
Beverly Kersey

1239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/14/2008 10:56:11 AM

Be careful Jim.

I have grown very fond of you my Christian Brother. God Speed!

Verses Snowglobes

Beverly Kersey
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/14/2008 8:32:36 PM

Bev, you are special too!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/14/2008 8:36:20 PM

Judy, thank you for your prayers and your support. Tomorrow I will go out and face the world again. We are going from Trinidad and Tobago to Barbados, to Guyana, and back to Trinidad. A grand total of a little less than two hours of total flying in about a 6 hour period. Should be an easy day.

+0
Lotus Joshua

60 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/29/2008 10:44:40 AM

I am sorry that I just saw the post today! Other activities, my Home Business and the Hurricane (in Houston) kept me busy!

I read through ALL THE POSTS and decided to comment on a few that prompted me to respond!

1. I was a 'good' Christian - baptized, confirmed, reading the bible, praying, going to church and TRYING to lead a pure life. But one day I was shown that LIFE starts with me becoming a "Child of God" by accepting Jesus as my Savior. (I can tell you 'how', if you want me to, in a later post.) I did, and life has never been the same. All my activities are done now to make my Father happy and not to become good. It is truly liberating!! I read my bible to know Him better. I have set a goal to read through the Bible every year.

2. The Purpose Driven Life was written by Rick Warren. Many from all over the world have followed the '40 days of purpose' and been blessed.

*I do not know if many of you know the interview that Rick Warren had with both presidential Candidates of the US, Barak and McCain in his church. I personally decided who to vote for, after listening to that interview.

3. Depression: Depression comes on as result of physical and emotional strain. How do we deal with depression? Recognize that we are not sinning when are depressed. But satan will TRY to use it for his purposes. So what we do with depression decides if we are sinning or not. One thing that helped me in my life is this statement: "Feelings (Depression, anger, discouragement, etc.)are neither right nor wrong - They just are!!" A truly liberating thought indeed.

4. What Would Jesus Do? This is a great way to check on our every action, words and attitude. This saying - WWJD - was taken from a famous book titled "In His Steps by Sheldon". This is a MUST READ for every Christian.

As long as we are His children and choosing to please God, we are on the right path.

Lotus

713-723-1081

Your decision today will decide your destiny tomorrow. Health is Wealth http://zealforall.com Kamala Paul 713-723-1081 hisanta2003@yahoo.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!