Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Living the Christian Life
9/7/2008 7:46:51 PM
Brother, i read your post of your depression, i don't really know the clinically term of what its a result of so i really can give you an antidote but what i can give to you is an idea of a great gift in terms of applying this to your life now, in Romans Paul is talking and longing to visit the Roman church and he writes a letter " First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world. God, whom i serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you.  Heres the key point James, he says "I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gifts to make yo strong- that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith." This i think is what God would say to us guys, he's speaking this to you now, though some cant hear due to the fact of the static in the air he has a voice that only gets louder when you really understand the word and its purpose for you. When you see a plan bigger than yourself for you and it is made by God, the worries and small talk really isn't a concern, in my case its my family who really isn't supportive but i press on and show them , visually that i am who i say i am, a man of God, communication is very important, encouragement and love are too. I often think of what God would say to me and that was what i think he would say my spiritual brother. I can help you through if you want me to, you do have my personal addy and i would be happy too do that for you or anyone else for that matter, not to say i know all but what little i do know its enough i think to get to heaven and i think we all want that. God_bless you James :) Thomas
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/7/2008 7:52:57 PM

Hello, Jim!

LOL, it is so refreshing to hear that you have not lived the perfect life.  I certainly haven't.  I get overwhelmed with gratitude for the forgiveness God has given me, And, like you for the second chance!  (Or is it the 3rd, 4th, 5th.............??)  And, at the end of every day, I have to ask myself "Did I please Him with all of my actions and words today?"  Well, guess what?  it is rare that I can answer that with a 100% "yes".

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/7/2008 8:33:06 PM

Brother Thomas, thank you for the comeback my friend. This depression I was talking about happened back in 1998. This was when I had lost my job, hurt my back, and did not see any light at the end of the tunnel. Usually when one has feelings of depression, it could be from an imbalance in diet, or some other problem with one's health. In this case, it was because of the situation that was at hand. I realized my need for God, and I asked for His support. I also realized that at that point in time I was somewhat helpless. I called family for support, and my dad, bless his heart, came to the rescue. He physically came out, and helped me through it. He gave his time, without complaint, to do whatever I needed. This is one reason I have a healthy respect for him. I count him as a true christian, and friend, and would give up whatever he had to, to help not only me, but anyone else who might need it. Also when I was low, even today, I turn to scripture, and start reciting bible promises. When we take the focus away from our problems, and focus them upon someone else's problems, all of a sudden, our problems become miniscule compared to those of others.

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/7/2008 8:38:43 PM

Judy, I thank the good Lord that I still have the privilege of spreading His Word here on this site. By rights I should be pushing daisies right now. But for some unknown reason, the Lord has seen fit that I should still be here, and I can only assume that there must be one or two people whom I need to touch before my time on this earth is over. You see, I nearly was killed on a couple occasions in an airplane crash. I was not piloting the aircraft, but I was onboard.

+0
Beverly Kersey

1239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/7/2008 9:00:25 PM

Hi Jim:

We have a lot in common. In 1984 I had a complete nervous breakdown and was placed in a stress center for 6 weeks. I was totally overloaded from blocking out a very post traumatic past and a bad marriage. If you read my Sunday Showcase in Brother Thomas' forum, you would realize why. Anyway I was then put on some anti-depressants that literally had me drugged out most of the time.
I then re-newed my faith in Jesus and started living my life with the question always in my mind, "What would Jesus Do" and I am no longer a drugged out sleepy head.

Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and he will not part from you.

Jesus cares

Beverly Kersey
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!