Menu

Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: If I only had 1 word to say in advice...I would say: READING!
1/1/2008 5:41:17 PM

Yes, Georgios, for the people who weren't here...last year there were 52 people divided into 5 preliminary polls of 10 or 11 people on each poll, and you were on the same preliminary with a very popular lady, so therefore it would have been difficult for both of you to win your preliminary and proceed to the final poll of only 5 people last year.

There were about 100 votes on each preliminary poll, that was probably the same 100 people, just 100, not  total of 500.  So the final of last year's POTY being 433 was obviously outrageous, and I also have my own belief that the cheater threw additional votes onto the 2nd place winner as a favor to a friend.

I have noticed that in order to have a chance of winning, the nominees would need to be a partner in the election itself, but how is that possible when there are only 2 partners?  Is it a set up for everyone to lose but the election partners?  And last year someone didn't have the confidence in themself or their friends to win honestly, but maybe they could have.

Many people knew about the cheating and said nothing, protecting the election is more important than keeping it honest.

If we could foresee the future, I think people would have voted on you in last year's preliminary so you would have been on the final ballot of 5 and...!!!

Someone says they have stepped out during this time of election this year but that doesn't mean they are not logging in.  Stepping out with big fanfare while still having access to the internet doesn't mean anything.

What is Person of the Year really about?  Is it about knowing where all the links in Adlandpro lead to?  Is it about honesty?  Is it about fairness?  Is it about providing a good example?  Is it about knowledge of the advertising resources as well as knowledge of the community?  Is it about making time for visiting other forums or resting on one's laurels?

The election is not to be taken seriously.  Who told me that last year?  Oh yes, I remember!  The important things are not WHAT, but WHO.  The election is a what.  The winner is a who, but people are elevated by people, and people only see what they want to see. 

Adlandpro goodbye's don't last very long, that's why I don't say them.  People always come back!  If I had done something wrong and knew that a lot of people knew, I think I'd be too self-conscious to stay.  But then again, some people are just not that self-aware.

New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/1/2008 7:01:09 PM

Thanks, Steven!  I think this fish drank the entire lake!

New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/1/2008 7:03:41 PM

Thank you very much, Adelina!  I really like Winnie the Pooh and friends!  Happy New Year to you and family!!

New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/1/2008 7:07:57 PM

Thank you, Nick!  Actually something unusual happened this week, one of my sisters had surgery and when everyone tried to call her after she went home to see how she was, her phone wasn't working at all for a few days...so they called ME because I live closest to her.  Anyway, that was a lot of phone calls that turned out to be good communications this week, and I had to make an unexpected visit to her house, it all went well!  Blessings in disguise!

New Reply
+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/2/2008 11:54:23 AM

Hello Kathleen,

Extremely valuable advice......Thank you.....

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!