Menu

Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Reading is Obviously NOT Fundamental in Forums?
10/3/2007 4:04:57 PM

Hi Mary,

At times, it's difficult to tell if this really is a business community.  I would just be happy if people would read the forum descriptions that are put there by the forum owners.  People don't want to read anything that may not be in sync with their own way of doing things.    A lot of new people are lost when they get here, you're right, they do what they see other people doing.
This thread had more visits and more replies than I imagined it would get in one day.  Thanks for all your info!

New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2007 4:08:36 PM

Hi Pat,

I think what Mary meant by people spamming their own forums, is repetitive posting when they aren't getting any visitors there except themself.  Maybe they do it just so their post will show up in the pop-ups or of course on the post-history pages.  We are free to post as much as we want on our own forums, it makes sense only if we're getting visitors there to read our posts.

My main concern this morning was people who post ads in reply to other peoples ads, which I plainly state NOT to do in my forum description.  Other forum owners may allow it but I think it's annoying and blatantly shows that the reply posters are just running around posting everywhere without reading.

New Reply
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2007 4:22:47 PM
Hello Kathleen!

You did a nice work here. It took you time to vcome back but you did that with a perfect subject to discuss. The informations that flows in is very good and most of our friends here gave good replies or better say I agree with the replies.

I agree with you that many members just jump in and post in a forum without respects to the subject, the event or the venture.

Keep up the good work
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2007 4:30:54 PM

Hi Georgios,

I was here for a little while every day for the past few months, but not posting much.  I had a lot of real-life stuff I had to do.  Besides, sometimes this pile of people can be overwhelming.  Someone mentioned maybe I should moderate my forum.  How can we moderate a pile of chaos?  That would interfere with my eating junk food and talking to the cats.

New Reply
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2007 4:43:28 PM
Pat, You asked how to spam your own forum. If no one is reading your forum there would be little reason to even consider. Don't see any rules about spamming your own forum. Personally, I just see little point in talking to myself. If you have a googled forum, just try to place yourself in the place of the visitor who wonders why you are talking to yourself putting up the same posts. Now that is off subject but what I was saying is that people see these ads flying by and think they should emulate this by going everywhere they can and post an ad. As the addiction increases, they don't even look at what the forum is about. Post everywhere and as rapidly as possible. Somehow they imagine that the number of ads up a day will increase their sales.
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!