Menu

Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Reading is Obviously NOT Fundamental in Forums?
10/3/2007 2:38:43 PM
Kathleen, I do not want anyone to think it is just new people that don't post to the subject. Even the most seasoned poster here gets in a hurry to post to everything and anything. Flip up a sparkly or just say "Nice job you are doing here", then run off and post that same item 50 more times. I have always wondered what that accomplishes. It is that mentality that keeps people from joining a forum and then being a useful member of the forum.
New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2007 3:26:08 PM

Hi Jo,

I also include a tiny ad with my friendship invitations, it doesn't even seem like an ad.  If people don't complain, I guess we're doing fine with whatever we're sending them, if anything.

"" Hi,
I'm inviting you to become one of my AdlandPro friends.
Here's my site that offers income opportunities and advertising resources:
http://www.topbiztoday.com ""

New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2007 3:36:24 PM

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for visiting!  I try to stay in the topic of forums I visit, most forum owners appreciate a good reply.

I think people stopped communicating properly when TV was invented.  All the old movies before the 1950's had a lot more intelligent conversations.

Yes, I'm also surprised and glad to see Rahul here, he and I have something in common.  What?  What?  What? 

New Reply
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2007 3:55:44 PM

Your topic is really interesting Kathleen!! Here on adland, I read MANY forums (lol...lurk) but Kathleen I don't always add a note. Especially if I don't agree with the forum owners opinino. I have a question is...how do I spam in my own forum?

I thought if the forum is OURS and the topic is ADVERTISING, we were free to post ads there?  I just don't get all the rules that are laid out I guess.  Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
New Reply
+0
10/3/2007 3:59:36 PM

Hmmm,

"I want people to read my information. If they don't want to read it, I know they're not serious, and I don't want to work with them. I think of it as a way of weeding out tire kickers."

Me thinks you've got something there Trina... ;) (we need smileys)

Gunther G.

Gunther G. - GENGRO Accounting and Business Consulting Services GENerating GROwth for Business and Individuals since 1991
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!