Menu

Helen Prowd

380 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: SCAM ALERT: Payment Trust Services of London, Canada
8/23/2007 1:41:48 AM

Hi Kathleen Helen Here,

I too was involved in a scam which I though was ridgy didge. It is called freelotto as the same name as the reasl thing and they told me I had won a million dollars american if I could give them the TSN number which is the end of the stub of the ticket they had no such thing going I am out of pocket by 100 dollars aust. I do have a cheque they sent me from plasmanet for the sum of one dollar US. and all it is is a piece of cardboard with nothing on the back of it. They are so smart and the bank that they supposedly use is in New York.

Also I got an email from London England telling me that I had won about the same amount as you but I was supposedly to put some money in with my details etc., in fact I had one today I have kept them and if you would like to give me your email address I will send it to you.

Take care all my ALP friends there are some not so nice people out there allmy love Helen

H. Prowd
New Reply
+0
Bianka Jesse

301 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/23/2007 4:00:49 AM

Hi Everyone

Yes, I've been getting a lot of these type of emails from ..Lotteries and "Poor Me" stories asking me for my details.They even go as far as asking you for your bank account no. as they want to deposit money into it as they want to come to Australia.PLEASE,everyone,Take Care.I just delete them now wothout reading them.

regards Bianka

New Reply
+0
8/23/2007 6:47:19 PM
I know all about scams. I had a website for about a year. I also advertised some of the products on classified ad sites. I have in my posession $30,000 of worthless checks. I never cashed any of them so I did not loose money. The scammers overpaid by thousands of dollars for the item they wanted and wanted me to send the balance back to them supposedly to pay a middleman. Good job in letting us know of this recent one.
New Reply
+0
Brian Hernandez

10 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/23/2007 10:14:11 PM

Kathleen,

I also received a check in the mail for the amount of $3,550.00... It said do not try and cash the check until i talked to 1 of 2 people... The letter also said that I was to pay $2,570.00 for taxes and winning withdrawals and that the amount of this check would be drawn out of my total winnings of $90,000.00..... The check was from Bank of America in San Diego , CA  . The letter stated that I had been randomly selected from online lists that had been submitted for the North American pool.. which was to be a sweepstakes and that my number had been chosen amongst 10 other winners.... supposedly i had won a total of $90,000...  I called the Bank of america immediately about the check because it indeed did look legitimate and who knows, i do alot online.... The bank told me that it was a scam.... by verifying the account number on the check.... The check was written out to me by the company Fairmont Specialty Services based out of San Diego....  The company did not exist heeither as i had done a 411 call for the exact number... directory assistance... had no listing....   I then called the number who they said i should call and A Frence speaking man had answered as like with you.... I told him the purpose of my call and ten I told him that i had called the bank that the check was from in San Diego and they said it was a scam and that I was going to file a report...The man got kind of jumbled and asked me for the check number, and said he would call me back... I never heard back from the man........  BE CAREFUL..........

Brian Hernandez

BHernandez
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!