Menu

Re: SCAM ALERT: Payment Trust Services of London, Canada
8/22/2007 12:38:27 PM

Hi I just wanted to know whose artwork this is it's beautiful. Thank you.

Shelagh Drew (drewgida)

Blessings & Merry Meet Shelagh Drew http://www.helpful-herbals.com
New Reply
+0
8/22/2007 12:40:56 PM

Hi Kathleen;

If you lived in Canada and got one of those you would know immediately that it was a scam.  The postal code is all wrong.  We use letter, number, letter than number, letter, number.  If look at this one he is using 2 letters and a number to start with.  Also if the number is for Man. and the address is for Ont. than you would need to get both provinces involved to track this person down.  My mailbox is so full of crap like that now that it takes me hours a day to delete them. 

Yes, I will agree that the ones that will get hurt here are the old people that do not have much.  They will end up with less than nothing. 

Thanks for the post to keep us all informed.

Sandra Hicks

Feel young inside and out. Frequency enhanced products. Check them out at http://livelifeanew.zeropointglobal.com
New Reply
+0
8/22/2007 1:06:21 PM

Thanks for the heads up Kathleen.

I have received a similar scam last fall. The difference was, when I called the number on the checks it was a real business and some of their checks have been stolen. They put me in contact with the investigator and I sent them all the mail I received on this matter. And of course, it was coming out of Canada.

Kathleen Dixon

Webinar Services, The Big Webinar

katsbiz Kathleen Dixon
New Reply
+0
Kevin Doolittle

572 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/22/2007 1:16:39 PM

Hello Kathleen,

Yeah, we are quite aware of the scam you are referring to. I have an elderly friend that I assist who just had his hopes set on a scam like that. It had to do with forged money orders. I took a visit to the Post Office then to the Police Department to convince him that the thousands of dollars in orders were counterfeit. There were tears in his eyes. He was also approached by another artist with an English address but turned out to actually be from Nigeria receiving two checks for over $4,000 a piece. He was also asked to "quickly" deposit the money and send them a certain amount of it. He contacted the bank (Who's number was on the check) and reported the incident.

There are so many folks out there that are looking for the fast easy score. If they would put all that energy and skill into a legitimate enterprise they could be set for life! However, I understand that part of the rush is the risk of getting caught.

As Juliana says, be careful!

Blessings,

Kevin

"Helping others, to help others"

New Reply
+0
8/22/2007 1:54:58 PM

Hi Kathleen

I have just received a few in my junk mail and have deleted them, as I knew they were a scam as it was just too good to be true, but haven't received anything in the mail. People like this need a good kick you know where. Thanks for the info. This sure doesn't help our relations with other countries that is or sure.

Your Canadian friend

Lauraine

New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!