Menu

Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
What is Friendship? Do you treat your beachball better than you treat your friends??
2/26/2007 7:32:53 AM

What is Friendship? 

A friend doesn't say "Come read my forum NOW and post a reply NOW!" 

WOW!  Chill out!  A real friend WILL visit your forum, a real friend thinks everything you write is worth reading, they are glad you make an effort to write something.  A real friend will be there for you as soon as they can.  Your real friend is also living their real life which is just as important to them as yours is to you, it's called realness.  A real friend provides your spark, Sparky, and don't you forget it!  Don't throw cold water on it if it sparks too high sometimes, that's a good thing, it's called being alive. 

!!!!!!!!!

A friend doesn't post icons with words of profanity or words of love in the heat of a moment and then say, "I didn't mean it!  I don't think you're a crap-head" ...or even worse "I don't really love you."

Oh boy!  Ain't that swell?  Thanks for a real day-ruining moment there AND there.  If it says it on the icon and it was deliberately posted, a real friend wouldn't play take-backs.  Are we kids online or what?  If you posted a cutesy colorful icon of it and you meant it then, then let it stick, don't reach into someone's insides and yank out yesterday.  A yesterday-ectomy never goes well.

!!!!!!!!!

A friend doesn't say, "If you're friends with so-and-so I'm gonna stop being friends with YOU."   Or..."Let's gather a group to put pressure on solidifying their friendship OR bust them to smithereens."

Again, is this internet full of school kids?  Is there a pile of billions of clowns pouring out of a tiny car here and falling on us and crushing us in their immaturity?  Leave other peoples relationships alone, people are people and you won't get between them because both of them will smash you with whatever they're not smashing each other with.

!!!!!!!!!

Friendships are like our personal flotation devices, I like to think of friends as holding onto a beachball to keep us buoyed up in rough waters.  When so-called friends try to manipulate us or we manipulate them, thats like a wet beach ball popping out of our grip and then we drown.  Then the beachball is tossed on rough waters by itself until someone else holds onto it just enough to stay up, not a tight grip, not smothering it, not in a way that the ball will try to escape.  A real friend holds on for buoyancy in life, not in a death grip, not in a bossy manipulation.  You'd be really bummed out to see someone new with your old friend, knowing that you lost it from your own insane grip.

A group of friends should want to share their beachball of friendship because if one person wants to hold it all for themselves there's no fun in that, is there?  Playing beachball by yourself isn't much fun for very long, is it?

Our own personalities are also like beachballs, if we pretend to be something we're not, or try to hide what we are, that's like trying to hold a beachball under water...it will pop up and hit you in the chin.  Be yourself, let your friends be themselves, their truth will be obvious to you in the long run.

New Reply
+0
Chris Agostarola

979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: What is Friendship? Do you treat your beachball better than you treat your friends??
2/26/2007 8:13:19 AM

Very cool outlook Kathleen. You have to let people be who they are & not try to change them into who you want them to be. I always like the old quote "If you love something set it free, if it comes back it's yours.. if not it never was."

Chris

CANDELICIOUSCENT-SCENT-TEAM.COM

http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/CAND7782/

Chris Agostarola LunaWolf's Mystical Essence http://lunawolfsmysticalessence.com/store/affiliate.asp?aff=71 FREE TO JOIN!!! Watkins www.watkinsonline.com rep#380993 to join : http://www.tsginfo.com/index.php?rc=CA4792
New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What is Friendship? Do you treat your beachball better than you treat your friends??
2/26/2007 9:20:09 AM

Thanks, Chris!

There's a lot going on online and it's not just here, it's everywhere.  What's the problem with the internet?  It's full of people!  People create their own realities and try to form that reality around everyone else.  If people would just keep in mind that we're each individuals in front of our own computers with our own life swirling around us, maybe we would all be more congenial toward each other and less impulsive, more sensitive, empathetic, and genuine.

New Reply
+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2007 11:46:38 AM

Hello Kathleen,

I love your writing and way of thinking.  You have a way of tugging on the heartstrings and hitting the funny bone.  Not only that, but you do it all so naturally!

There is no greater gift than Friendship.  When its charished and nurtured there is no stronger bond between people.

Sincerely,

Terry

PS  I hope you will pop on over to the "Making A Difference" Forum today to wish Judy a Happy Birthday.

How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/26/2007 12:04:56 PM

Hi Terry,

Thanks for being one of my regular supporters!  I'll go over there and say HI to Judy. 

What I was talking about in my first post was Personal Messages between friends, saying "I made a forum and no one has visited for 5 whole minutes. GO there! "  LOL.  Hehe!

New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!