Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Truth tellers
1/21/2012 1:23:14 AM
Hi Amanda,

I have been thinking a lot about vengeance and the bible. I have also been told to think with my heart, and that is just what I have been doing. Remember, we know that there are changes in the bible, and no one knows for sure what these changes are. But my heart tells me that God is love, not just love but he is only love. God is pure love. So in my heart I know that God has no vengeance toward anyone, because he can't, he is only love.

Blessings,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/21/2012 1:52:59 AM
Hi Jill,

I am so glad to see you here amid my good friends trying to find out more truth. It is funny but a few years ago I said I wanted to know the truth. I remember how you finally got me into your forum of the Journey to Mountain of Love, which you started January 14, 2007, I didn't get involved until June that year, and I was so afraid to make a post, it took me several months to work the nerve to post on the mountain of love. And look at me know. I have come a long way, as a lot of us have.

One thing that has been so important to me, and I do hope others will understand this someday soon, and that is forgiveness. One of the toughest things to do is forgive. Especially those that do things to you that are so cruel that hurts so bad you don't know what to do. But the truth is forgiveness is Divine. Luis has mentioned he didn't think he could forgive someone that harmed someone he loved, like children and animals. But here is the point, if you keep this feelings in your heart, how can you love completely yourself, it is like you carrying the baggage from this past. The hate just keeps growing, whether it is your hate or their hate. It needs to stop, it needs closure. The only closure that can be had is forgiveness.

No forgiveness is not easy, but it is rewarding and the feeling of peace is wonderful to have. Yes, I still have problems, like today, I wanted to get even, so to speak, but using my head and thinking about what good would it do, but just add more fuel to the fire, so I walked away. it isn't easy,but I know I am on the right track. I just hope that I help someone else in their walk in this life. Do you remember the lady that the man raped and she told him she forgave him? You know I believe she was truly blessed by her forgiving him. What do you think?

I guess you can say this is my truth.
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/23/2012 2:49:21 AM
I admire every person who goes to this movement and gives of themselves.

What Democracy Looks Like: Inside Occupy Congress

On January 17th, 2011, Americans from all walks of life gathered in Washington, D.C. to make the government aware that they are not happy about the rampant greed and corruption that have engulfed the nation’s lawmakers.

Some attendees have been with Occupy Wall Street since it’s beginning over four long months ago. For others, Occupy Congress was their first public action as a member of the 99%. Ignoring race, gender, age, and political background, these protesters came together to remind the Federal Government that it too is at fault for the corporate takeover of the American political system.

Here are several videos shot during the Occupy Congress action. The year is new, and the fight for our rights has only just begun. This is an election year, and a major opportunity to make a statement about the type of country we want to be. Expect more. Expect the 99%.

The video below shows the chronological events that took place on January 17th, 2012 by the Occupy Movement. Starting at the Capitol building, then proceeding to the Rayburn House Office Building. Marching up Constitution Ave to the Supreme Court Building then back down ending at the White House.

The video below shows an interview with retired Captain Ray Lewis of the Philadelphia Police Department on #J17 in front of the Capital Building in Washington D.C. Capt. Lewis was arrested at Occupy Wall Street on November 17th for participating in the peaceful protest. Interview by: Eugene Davidovich

The video below shows a large number of protesters gathered for a march during the evening of Occupy Congress. One of the important events of this march was the storming of the supreme court steps, even peacefully breaking through a police line. The protesters also paid a visit to the White House.

Related Reading:

Occupy Congress Takes The Fight To America’s Capitol

OWS Protesters ‘Detain’ Sen. Carl Levin For Sponsoring NDAA

OWS Update From Reclaimed Zuccotti Park [Video]

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/23/2012 2:51:40 AM
You got to watch this video, getting the point across

Today, thousands of Occupy Wall Street protesters took to the streets of America’s capitol to protest corruption in the federal government, during an event they’re calling “Occupy Congress.”

Occupiers flocked to Washington, D.C. from all corners of the nation, and while many were taking action for the first time in their lives, there were a few familiar faces as well.

One such familiar face belonged to Sgt. Shamar Thomas, a former U.S. Marine who became an internet sensation when video of his diatribe against the New York Police Department’s violent treatment of OWS protesters went viral on YouTube.

On Tuesday, Sgt. Thomas joined forces with members of both Occupations in DC and Occupy Wall Street in a protest inside of Senator Carl Levin’s office today. In case you haven’t heard of Sen. Levin before, he’s the co-sponsor of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), a bill recently signed into law by President Obama.

As Adam Serwer, writing for MotherJones explains,

“The administration had said that the military detention provisions of an earlier version of the NDAA were “inconsistent with the fundamental American principle that our military does not patrol our streets. The revised NDAA is still inconsistent with that fundamental American principle. But the administration has decided that fundamental American principles aren’t actually worth vetoing the bill over.”

Watch what happened when Sgt. Thomas and OWS attempted to give Sen. Levin a taste of his own medicine:

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/23/2012 3:18:27 AM
Hello Jill,

Nice to see you here and I agree this forum has been very interesting with the information being brought forward to share, whether we all agree or not it has been great to discuss.

Amanda

Quote:
Hi Myrna and All,

What an awesome forum and like Amanda says... how refreshing can it be to watch the truth be revealed from that remarkable video. My jaw just dropped and I wanted to hug him.

We are definitely making headway in all the right directions, and when we least expect it, PEACE will be announced to the whole world, followed by all TRUTH and ABUNDANCE for all. It is time... the time is now!

Thank you for inviting me to participate and please feel free to post the videos, etc. on the mountain. We will get this information to the masses one way or the other.

Love IS the Answer!!!

Hugs, Jill

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!