Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Forum Informum - Feedback for Business and Pleasure
7/6/2011 2:28:26 AM

My thoughts were...if this is going to be like the other elections, if a certain business is only allowed to win once per year, then it will be a long time before another person can get the extra traffic from winning with that same business.

Also, if an individual is featured per business in these elections, what would be the incentive for other members to offer good commentary if they have nothing to gain from it? If we're thinking, "He/she is going to gain tons of traffic but dozens of other people are also in these featured businesses, what's the point of making positive commentary IF the winning business won't be featured again for another year and all that traffic is going to the winner and not other members who may have helped push the win with their positive comments?"

I think featuring individuals to win WITH a business might actually DETER other members from making POSITIVE comments, or making any comments at all that might help. It could actually create a non-event or a loss, and then someone with more details could re-enter the same business in the election and win. Anything could happen. Putting people in an election to feature businesses, just creates a people issue that could detract from the idea of getting lots of opinions from lots of members about those businesses.

It might be good to invite business OWNERS here, if they have time and want to make an introduction of their own business, and they would NOT NEED the WIN as a person, but could still gain more people to their businesses, there are some owners of traffic sources who are Adlandpro members, and lots of biz owners who aren't members here and have never been here. That would be interesting if any biz owners would come in as special guests.

One of the criteria could be...how does the administration of these businesses interact with the members, and how frequently, are they prompt in responding to support questions, are they polite, and does admin ever initiate communications even during non-problem times, just to check in with members? There are some great biz owners out there, both online and offline, and I also had one bad experience a few years ago, several ALP members convinced me to join something, and after I had put in nearly $200, I called the owner about a concern/suggestion, and he was horribly rude and didn't take my concern seriously. That also made my upline angry with him. That was a bad experience.

Quote:
Well we can now see why this will be a difficult task. Submitting the required info for the business and then not being able to receive the kudos for being in the know about the business removes the incentive.

This leaves me with this question: "Why is it that nearly everything in this world today wants to remove the individuality from the equation?"

What is the incentive if you remove the individual from the equation?

Plus most offerings allow folks to join without a host. With cookie systems in effect on many of these sites if you come without a host you are assigned one.

Most seek a subscription to access the most pertinent info this takes the individual out even more, allowing the program to prosper but not the individual. Just asking and thinking out loud.

Quote:
Hi Barry (and Glen!),

I just also posted this in the "Feature Of The Week" forum in reply...I also have concerns and suggestions about the new Top Biz feature.

How will nominations be made? Who will be chosen to be featured in the biz ballot area if there are numerous nominations of the same businesses by different members? The first person who makes the nomination, or the person who puts in the most details? I have a lot of questions.

Do you think it would be better to have a criteria of...

"Which businesses would the community like to see in a group discussion?"

...and just feature the businesses without links, and WITHOUT one person featured with each biz, in the voting post, and then anyone who's a member can put their link in their signature file and let people know about it during comments. That could provide a more equal spread of traffic and a lot more details of peoples experiences, and less hassles than having featured people/person needing to reply and explain to every post/question, the replies could come from all members of those businesses, whoever is available and knows and understands the biz they are in.

-----------------

I was just reading other posts here about blogging...if we post a lot here at ALP community, we can find our posts on certain topics and create a compilation of old posts and easily paste those into a blog series, I'm really thinking about it now!

+0
7/6/2011 7:55:02 AM

A better solution in my point of view would not be an election but put out a poll on the ten best opportunities out there.This has to be a list of the most reliable opportunities and this list should be updated once a month.If a certain opportunity doesn´t fill the criteria longer to fill this group of ten it should be removed and one new has to come up instead.Of course, we can´t make 100% guarantees but we sure have the experience here to judge on what opportunities which have the potential to fill such a group of the ten best opportunities? This is my suggestion.As with forums, the networker who first contribute with those opportunities selected from the poll should be credited.The early bird gets the worm.The members who will get in then get their share as well.

Quote:

My thoughts were...if this is going to be like the other elections, if a certain business is only allowed to win once per year, then it will be a long time before another person can get the extra traffic from winning with that same business.

Also, if an individual is featured per business in these elections, what would be the incentive for other members to offer good commentary if they have nothing to gain from it? If we're thinking, "He/she is going to gain tons of traffic but dozens of other people are also in these featured businesses, what's the point of making positive commentary IF the winning business won't be featured again for another year and all that traffic is going to the winner and not other members who may have helped push the win with their positive comments?"

I think featuring individuals to win WITH a business might actually DETER other members from making POSITIVE comments, or making any comments at all that might help. It could actually create a non-event or a loss, and then someone with more details could re-enter the same business in the election and win. Anything could happen. Putting people in an election to feature businesses, just creates a people issue that could detract from the idea of getting lots of opinions from lots of members about those businesses.

It might be good to invite business OWNERS here, if they have time and want to make an introduction of their own business, and they would NOT NEED the WIN as a person, but could still gain more people to their businesses, there are some owners of traffic sources who are Adlandpro members, and lots of biz owners who aren't members here and have never been here. That would be interesting if any biz owners would come in as special guests.

One of the criteria could be...how does the administration of these businesses interact with the members, and how frequently, are they prompt in responding to support questions, are they polite, and does admin ever initiate communications even during non-problem times, just to check in with members? There are some great biz owners out there, both online and offline, and I also had one bad experience a few years ago, several ALP members convinced me to join something, and after I had put in nearly $200, I called the owner about a concern/suggestion, and he was horribly rude and didn't take my concern seriously. That also made my upline angry with him. That was a bad experience.

Quote:
Well we can now see why this will be a difficult task. Submitting the required info for the business and then not being able to receive the kudos for being in the know about the business removes the incentive.

This leaves me with this question: "Why is it that nearly everything in this world today wants to remove the individuality from the equation?"

Plus most offerings allow folks to join without a host. With cookie systems in effect on many of these sites if you come without a host you are assigned one.

Most seek a subscription to access the most pertinent info this takes the individual out even more, allowing the program to prosper but not the individual. Just asking and thinking out loud.

Quote:
Hi Barry (and Glen!),

I just also posted this in the "Feature Of The Week" forum in reply...I also have concerns and suggestions about the new Top Biz feature.

How will nominations be made? Who will be chosen to be featured in the biz ballot area if there are numerous nominations of the same businesses by different members? The first person who makes the nomination, or the person who puts in the most details? I have a lot of questions.

...and just feature the businesses without links, and WITHOUT one person featured with each biz, in the voting post, and then anyone who's a member can put their link in their signature file and let people know about it during comments. That could provide a more equal spread of traffic and a lot more details of peoples experiences, and less hassles than having featured people/person needing to reply and explain to every post/question, the replies could come from all members of those businesses, whoever is available and knows and understands the biz they are in.

-----------------

I was just reading other posts here about blogging...if we post a lot here at ALP community, we can find our posts on certain topics and create a compilation of old posts and easily paste those into a blog series, I'm really thinking about it now!

Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/6/2011 12:38:00 PM
Leaves the Affiliate marketer in the dark which is who will actually be driving the success of this whole thing. And will close the process to a large part of the membership.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Hi Barry (and Glen!),

-----------------

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/6/2011 1:37:28 PM

That top list of businesses sounds good. It's more along the lines of what people need to see.

I don't think we need to more elections, especially if the featured people are only going to to rah-rah the biz to try to win, even if they've only been in the biz for a very short time.

When I previously mentioned business owners coming in, they wouldn't need to post a main link. It would drive tons more traffic to the members of those businesses here, if an owner would show up and post a comment, and I'm sure some of them would agree to come in without scooping up traffic to the main site.

I hope when we all get a final format, anyone who's a member of featured businesses would need to visit that forum and post a comment if they want traffic to their affiliate link, this should create a ton of traffic to the top business forum, and traffic to our biz sites for tons of people here, and if we're members of several of those featured businesses, to put several links in our signature files, that could create multi-stream income just from posting comments in the top business forum. That would be spectacular! It could create nearly effortless multi-stream income for this entire place, and lots more serious business traffic in the community.

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/6/2011 2:05:11 PM
I was under the impression this process would create a Top List of Businesses. If not who is the decider? Top Ten based on what or whose criteria?

A poll is a good idea for each months or weeks list that meet some or all of the standards mentioned. The person submitting should be involved in the business too. If you ain't in it you really don't know.

Quote:

That top list of businesses sounds good. It's more along the lines of what people need to see.

I don't think we need to more elections, especially if the featured people are only going to to rah-rah the biz to try to win, even if they've only been in the biz for a very short time.

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!