Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Forum Informum - Feedback for Business and Pleasure
7/5/2011 8:09:59 PM
When this ruling first came out, oh my you should have heard all the discussions about it, I think it lasted about a week as I recall ( don't quote me on that...lol)

The biggest discussions were among the bloggers who did reviews etc. and what a controversy it was.

You will now note that anyone who have reputable blogs will have a very firm disclaimer within their posts and on their sites. It is all about transparency and "protecting" the consumers.

One of the main concerns for many was ".if I tell people I am selling or affiliated with something, will they run away or buy from me" The age old question it seems!
Without having current stats, I can only go on what I observe and that is when people do their job well, when people have created credibility for themselves, then when they recommend, suggest a product or service, people will not only listen, they will do the next action..buy.

I guess it depends on your point of view, if you are willing to put in the time and effort..if you are willing to do your job well, then good things will happen? Maybe I am being too optimistic.... not sure
+0
7/5/2011 8:31:23 PM
Of course we are building credibility and buyers will continue to buy if we continue to stay honest.But everyone won´t listen anyway cause all depends on the attitude they will show.If other networkers want to learn from a reputable blogger they will want to show that attitude.If they think they can learn everything on their own they will jump over your blogposts even if there are content of quality.Many are burnt from scams, yes, but it is also important to really read and learn from experienced bloggers and networkers as in all other business.

Quote:
When this ruling first came out, oh my you should have heard all the discussions about it, I think it lasted about a week as I recall ( don't quote me on that...lol)

The biggest discussions were among the bloggers who did reviews etc. and what a controversy it was.

You will now note that anyone who have reputable blogs will have a very firm disclaimer within their posts and on their sites. It is all about transparency and "protecting" the consumers.

One of the main concerns for many was ".if I tell people I am selling or affiliated with something, will they run away or buy from me" The age old question it seems!
Without having current stats, I can only go on what I observe and that is when people do their job well, when people have created credibility for themselves, then when they recommend, suggest a product or service, people will not only listen, they will do the next action..buy.

I guess it depends on your point of view, if you are willing to put in the time and effort..if you are willing to do your job well, then good things will happen? Maybe I am being too optimistic.... not sure
Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/5/2011 8:34:01 PM
Quote:

It assumes the consumer is dumb and ignorant more than it is a protection.

I've been in service sales for many years direct in home. One thing I have learned is if you do not close the sale while you are there you don't make any money. Many a time I educated my customer but they for some reason or other were unable to make a decision then. 6 months later the tech walks in and they say well we are ready to buy now. This is factual and real scenario. Works the same way online. No I am not angry to be clear, these are 30 years of experience speaking.

Refer to above the odds of them remembering you were involved in that business are nil. Look at your EPCs You have to sell them on something even to get them on your lists.

Unless this somehow helps me in Google then generic really is coming in slow. For that to happen my name and link needs to be at the head of the thread not lost in comments.

Optimism is good when mixed with realism.

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/5/2011 8:43:45 PM
All I can say to you Mattias is we are agreed...now how the heck do we get the so called crappy gurus out of the picture and get people to listen to those who are not out to make a buck on people's dreams but will do all they can to help others to succeed...um that was a rhetorical question by the way and kind of a rant all at the same time.... sorry
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/5/2011 8:48:19 PM
You have made good points Jim, valid points and ones that people need to hear!

Here is a question for you - There are many people who have worked very successfully offline but have had many issues working the same kind of "job" online. How did you learn to adapt your thinking? What was the easiest and yes the hardest part to adapting to both worlds?

um.. I really am not the best optimist in town..usually I am the one who is the realist, but thought I would try the positive spin on things...
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!