Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Forum Informum - Feedback for Business and Pleasure
6/26/2011 5:14:54 PM
Number one I am sorry you were attacked, not Kewl!!

Facebook is far from dying and there are new members being added everyday from such countries as Mexico etc and that is not counting for the fact that China has still to be included.

The thinking of the dramatic decrease in Facebook is two fold, many of the teenagers are leaving as they are not comfortable having their "family" sharing the same space with them and also the fact that privacy issues keep happening..translate your privacy is not in default.

I feel that many people get comfortable with their social networks and that is not a bad thing by the way. If you are running a business, then that luxury is not always an option and you will have to look at your strategy and where your customers will congregate not so much to gain customers, although that needs to be thought through, but more to maintain a way to actively engage ( talk) to your customers in a meaningful way.

Adland has been a "home" for many people as I have been witnessing since I have been here more frequently and that is a pleasant surprise to be honest.

The problem of active engaging is one that many networks deal with, some more than others and I guess you have to ask yourself, why are you here, what are you wanting and how can you make any community work for you.
+0
6/26/2011 5:48:26 PM
Quote:
Today when I was commenting on something here in Adland, I did realize what an advantage it would be if when we respond to a certain person, that the person named would be notified. I wondered if that would be possible here. Would it bring more response?

Hi Sara,

Please elaborate.

Bogdan

Well Bogdan, I don't know how it could be applied here. In FB each one has a profile page and if you type a name in a comment, that comment shows up on a person's profile. Here we have a profile page and we have comments, which most times people spam with ads. I do know that we receive a notification that someone has commented on our profile. We also receive notifications when comments are made on any forum we are a member of.

Is it possible to change the way comments are made on profiles to interact when we make a response to a forum if we address it with the person's name?? That would definitely remove being able to just spam profiles with ads. I don't know about others but I usually do address the response with the person or persons I am answering.

As in this message, when I type "Bogdan", it would link to you so you know I have responded to your comment here, rather you having to come back to the forum to see if I had.

Please understand that I am not saying I want Adland to be like FaceBook. As I have stated before, I use FB mainly to stay in touch with family and close friends. Here I have many friends I don't even know and I consider them as very close friends. It is also an opportunity to get to know people from all over the world and become acquainted more so than in other places.

Thank you for always listening to your members,

Sara

+0
6/26/2011 5:50:20 PM
I can´t agree with you there.I don´t think this development is a coincidence.They should definitely communicate better with their members and deal with these viruses and fraudelent attacks more seriously.I can imagine that the staff of My Space thought in the same way when they were so large but then came the obvious decrease of members there.It is very important for any staff to be very humble despite the size of the community.

Quote:
Number one I am sorry you were attacked, not Kewl!!

Facebook is far from dying and there are new members being added everyday from such countries as Mexico etc and that is not counting for the fact that China has still to be included.

The thinking of the dramatic decrease in Facebook is two fold, many of the teenagers are leaving as they are not comfortable having their "family" sharing the same space with them and also the fact that privacy issues keep happening..translate your privacy is not in default.

I feel that many people get comfortable with their social networks and that is not a bad thing by the way. If you are running a business, then that luxury is not always an option and you will have to look at your strategy and where your customers will congregate not so much to gain customers, although that needs to be thought through, but more to maintain a way to actively engage ( talk) to your customers in a meaningful way.

Adland has been a "home" for many people as I have been witnessing since I have been here more frequently and that is a pleasant surprise to be honest.

The problem of active engaging is one that many networks deal with, some more than others and I guess you have to ask yourself, why are you here, what are you wanting and how can you make any community work for you.
Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0
6/26/2011 5:57:30 PM

Diane, I am happy to hear you state this:

Quote:

Stick around you might find other more pleasant surprises!!

Happy day to you,

Sara

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/26/2011 6:13:09 PM
Maybe I did not clarify my position ( not a first...lol) my point to teenagers opting out of Facbook has been in the news the last few days.

MY issue with Facebook is not a new one and that is the arrogance of the staff who is led by Mark Zuckerberg who firmly believes that the whole web should be social, who believes that privacy should not be in default and who has created a site where it is so complex it takes a PHD to understand how to even make your settings the way you want it. Facbooks support system is very poor again because they have made it too complex for the everyday person.

I am a firm believer that if you are running a business no matter what it is, customer support, ease of use has to be the order of the day, so we are agreed on the important points?
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!