Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Forum Informum - Feedback for Business and Pleasure
6/19/2011 6:05:50 PM
Dear Myrna:

I came back here to say..WOW! You have made Adland work for you and in essence you captured the "social" in social networking and regardless of the name, you are having a very positive experience and I am glad for you.

The fact is that not everyone will see things as you do and that to me is o.k. - what is important - very important - is that your passion and your loyalty is to be commended and respected and I take my hat off to you.

Keep being that social butterfly and have fun.

Best Regards,
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2011 6:07:27 PM

Quote:
Dear Myrna:

I came back here to say..WOW! You have made Adland work for you and in essence you captured the "social" in social networking and regardless of the name, you are having a very positive experience and I am glad for you.

The fact is that not everyone will see things as you do and that to me is o.k. - what is important - very important - is that your passion and your loyalty is to be commended and respected and I take my hat off to you.

Keep being that social butterfly and have fun.

Best Regards,

Well said Diane.

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2011 6:34:20 PM
There are quite a few people, myself included who is deeply concerned about Facebook in particular regarding safety and security.

It is very wise to understand that in such places as Facebook YOU are the product and the commodity and instead of thinking your privacy is in default you are very "naked" in the public eye.

That being said, understanding how to set your settings up is something everyone should be doing, but once done, you can organize what and how you are seen. On Facebook you can even create lists so that you will see what you want to see and more important what others see of you.

Personally my reason for Facebook is to "see" my family and through the groups I am in, I can keep track of what I am interested in for business reasons.

I much prefer Twitter and blogs and maybe a few networks such as LinkedIn, to keep myself active again for business trends, conversations and connecting with those who will teach me, share with and just be part of the landscape.

As I have stated before it is all about strategy, my goals and where I want to go with what I am doing.

No matter the network, I am very careful about whom I align myself with and read profiles like they are resumes. I go that one step further and will even take the time to see what different people have written or tweeted. I use various tools to help me stay organized and I never ever forget that this is the internet and those digital footsteps will stay with you or haunt you for years to come.

One last thought ( for now...lol) I understand that you want to "gain numbers" for Adland to survive, but maybe the approach should be to "gain people" who can become loyal and passionate people like Myrna and yourself. Give people the emotional reason to want to be here and yes you need to spread the word outside through unique and relevant content and conversations. Preaching to the choir is not working... but spreading the message to the world might gain you what you are wanting.
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2011 6:45:33 PM
Hi Diane,

Thank you for your kind words. I admire all the things you are saying and appreciate your input.

Hugs,
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
6/19/2011 7:02:48 PM

WOW..........This Forum is quiet interesting and I get an opportunity to learn a lot and gain more friends.

Thank You...........very much...........My Friend.

Gani.

mohamedkhadargani@gmail.com

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!