Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
RE: Forum Informum - Feedback for Business and Pleasure
6/26/2011 6:50:01 PM
I agree on that.

My most important opinion on this is that a very big community can be so big that they are losing their sense.Although the big size they should be humble.

quote] Maybe I did not clarify my position ( not a first...lol) my point to teenagers opting out of Facbook has been in the news the last few days.

MY issue with Facebook is not a new one and that is the arrogance of the staff who is led by Mark Zuckerberg who firmly believes that the whole web should be social, who believes that privacy should not be in default and who has created a site where it is so complex it takes a PHD to understand how to even make your settings the way you want it. Facbooks support system is very poor again because they have made it too complex for the everyday person.

I am a firm believer that if you are running a business no matter what it is, customer support, ease of use has to be the order of the day, so we are agreed on the important points?[/quote]
Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/26/2011 7:00:53 PM
@Mattias There are some very good communities that have grown in size that will actually listen to their members and some who don't...nothing new and will occur.

A friend of mine and I were talking about Facebook and he used a wording that has stayed with me... Facebook is all about inclusion, where we are the product, they simply do not give a damn! My opinion is that Facebook is run by a bunch of mad scientists who create applications without looking at the ethics of what they are doing, what is even worse in my opinion is that the average everyday person has no real awareness of what is going on and they just keep on going ...going...going!

The more we make this kind of conversation "viral" then we have a better chance of reaching that everyday person and at least they can be better informed and maybe even make better decisions.
+0
6/26/2011 9:06:51 PM
Well, I thought I could rely on an admin in a group I runned there.Now he has deleted the group and destroyed my work there and I can´t get the group back.Of course there are good communities as well as bad.Unfortunately very few good people you can rely on in times like this.

Quote:
@Mattias There are some very good communities that have grown in size that will actually listen to their members and some who don't...nothing new and will occur.

A friend of mine and I were talking about Facebook and he used a wording that has stayed with me... Facebook is all about inclusion, where we are the product, they simply do not give a damn! My opinion is that Facebook is run by a bunch of mad scientists who create applications without looking at the ethics of what they are doing, what is even worse in my opinion is that the average everyday person has no real awareness of what is going on and they just keep on going ...going...going!

The more we make this kind of conversation "viral" then we have a better chance of reaching that everyday person and at least they can be better informed and maybe even make better decisions.
Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/26/2011 9:29:57 PM
ahh, now that is a very different situation and you are talking about human nature and people to trust. You lost everything? oh my that is a blow indeed and I feel for you on that one. I tried to do a search to see if there is anyway to recover your content, but typical situation, easier said than done. That being said, I did find this " How to recover a deleted Facebook page" maybe this person can be of use?

I wish you luck on this @Mattias... might suggest that the next group you form you keep a backup of the content

+0
6/26/2011 10:02:08 PM

Diane & Mattias,

Am I in Adland or did I just click on Facebook by mistake!!!????

While I am in FB - here is one for you Mattias, I CAN'T GET RID OF A GROUP I STARTED!!!!!!!!!

I much prefer Adland and wish Roger would get over here and get rid of that spammer who keeps posting ads here.

As a matter of fact, they just seem to come around on the weekends and hit all the forums they can find. Some of them know better, others don't seem to care. I can understand new members but...

Take care everyone, see you later got to run now.

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!