Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Forum Informum - Feedback for Business and Pleasure
6/13/2011 9:01:47 PM
Sorry for being late in replying... oh my you are asking a lot aren't you...lol

I have in my mind a dream community built on aspects of Facebook, Amplify, Twitter and hoot suite pure and simple and yet would take major funding and investors and some of the brightest techs available.

I would have it built on the freeium concept and I would keep the internet marketing kept very low key if at all

Now here is my question right back at you.... what do you want? what do you see needs to be changed? You keep asking others, but I would love to hear of your vision?

I know that there are going to be people who will be upset with me and sorry I can't help that, but I am not into internet marketing in anyway, I understand marketing and business, which is very different by the way. (There are many people who are affiliates that are bar none, some of the best people I have ever met, who know how to use the tools given to them that will not annoy nor spam people and who know how to use social media with great success which is as far as I will go with the topic of home businesses)

My last thought is that many people are still in the web 1.00 and have not entered the web 2.00 leading to web 3.00 and unless that changes, people are going to be so disappointed.
+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/14/2011 5:29:26 AM
This is your Baby, Bogdan, so obviously nobody can tell you what you should or shouldn't do with Adland. The same can be said about Eric (owner of Amplify.com), and his decisions came very close to causing a total meltdown.

I think before deciding what to change.. you probably need to figure out what's "broken", or what isn't working.

Adlandpro was an active place in it's time, but it failed to keep up with the times. It had the beginnings of a Social Media type of community, but was stuck in banner ads, traffic exchanges, pay to click schemes, binary's and matrix pay plan promotions. The blogging feature here never really took off from what I can tell. It's appearance was rudimentary.
Conversations within forums were limited, and often people were just interested in promoting their "next best thing" to all their contacts and anywhere else they could post.

Adland became a place where people thinking they were marketing, sending promotional messages to other people who thought they were marketing by sending their own promotional messages back. It was like a bunch of lemmings stuck in an enormous round wheel.. just going round and round and round.. from one thing to the next.

WordPress, Typepad, Posterous, Twitter, Facebook, Pownce, Myspace, Youtube, LinkedIn.. and hundreds more.. all grew steadily in popularity during those years and magnetically drew people away bit by bit.. or suddenly.. and entirely, never to return.
People grew in experience and wisdom and left.. seeing that Adland was a place that didn't seem to change much (except for the faces), where posters mostly left advertising links or glitter graphic comments of minimal conversational substance.

Infighting, politicking over POTW, a steady barrage of scheme after scheme after scheme.. sometimes from the same people.. drawing in the hopeful for something that might bring a glimmer of success and a few dollars in their pockets and purses.. but always costing more than was ever made!

When I look at my inbox today.. it's ALL THE SAME! People who don't even know me and certainly don't know anything about real marketing.. sending promotional messages in a total waste of their time and energy.. because I NEVER waste my time or energy to read them!
I rarely come here now at all.. because the people I connected with have all moved away too.. and we've all connected elsewhere.. in places more "relevant".

The world wide web is an amazingly large and varied place now.. and Adlandpro just got mired and swallowed up in the dust of everything else just passing it by.

I don't know that you can change enough to "fix" irrelevance. Sometimes it's just better to start with a fresh slate.

This took me a long time to write and I'm not trying to insult or hurt anyone's feelings. I've simply spoken the truth as I've seen and experienced it.. I'm sure others opinions and experiences will differ.. but somewhere in this is the thread of fact. Adland didn't change.. and was left behind.
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
6/14/2011 7:37:00 AM
Hello Bogdan and All

Let assume we are starting Adlandpro all over again.

I think if it were me I would have a test to make sure people understood what the community contained and what was expected of members. I would make sure that prospective members understand the privilege's that free members and paid members had. Like a training course.

I would also not allow people who did not confirm their email address or who did not have a good personal photo on their profile.

You may not get as many members but you would have a more respectful and enlightened community.

Can anyone add to this?

Quote:
Hello Mattias, Diane and Tim,

Thanks again for the feedback.

You all talk about changes and new ideas.

What is a desirable change or and idea which would make a difference for you?

Bogdan
+0
6/14/2011 2:57:44 PM
Let´s face it friends.Everyone is waiting for the next step
of development after the traditional social communities.There
will always be enough space for new, creative inventions.So far we
have seen many copies of each other on the social community-theme
and it wouldn´t surprise me if the next step on this soon is here.

In my opinion it should be something communitylike where you have
more options to earn money than only by inviting new referrals.That is
ONE way but there are also other options to invest and get a ROI on purchases of advertising for example.

As mentioned, there will always be an interest for new inventions using the latest technology.

Quote:
Hello Bogdan and All

Let assume we are starting Adlandpro all over again.

I think if it were me I would have a test to make sure people understood what the community contained and what was expected of members. I would make sure that prospective members understand the privilege's that free members and paid members had. Like a training course.

I would also not allow people who did not confirm their email address or who did not have a good personal photo on their profile.

You may not get as many members but you would have a more respectful and enlightened community.

Can anyone add to this?

Quote:
Hello Mattias, Diane and Tim,

Thanks again for the feedback.

You all talk about changes and new ideas.

What is a desirable change or and idea which would make a difference for you?

Bogdan
Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4629 Posts
Chat
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/14/2011 3:17:16 PM
Hi All,

I like your input. I like in depth analysis of Tim and have to agree to extent with it. Keep in mind that we were sort of first in the domain of social networking and didn't know at that time what would work and what not. Everything is an experiment.

And Diane. You say to offer everything free and get low with advertising. The problem with this is that I would go out of business very soon if I had accepted this model. I need stream of revenue on consistent basis to maintain my staff and look for new ideas.

E.g. facebook could go for 5 years without any income so was Twitter and Twitter still has no obvious income stream today. I have to combine both. Find ways to fund it and offer useful and attractive functionality.

As Mattias implied there is no point on trying to chase existing platforms as companies like facebook, twitter or linkedin have inexhaustible resources. They will be always faster and have more reaching solutions.

Small businesses have only chance to capture niche market and the question is what the niche would be at this point.

Mattias you are saying that we should offer options to invest and get ROI on purchases of advertising for example.

Are you referring to earning commissions from promoting Adlandpro advertising services?

Bogdan Fiedur
Hello
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!