Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Forum Informum - Feedback for Business and Pleasure
6/13/2011 8:02:32 PM
Hi Bogdan,

With all due respect, thank you for the interesting "non-answer"
Every site experiences the eventual "saturation point", and it's no surprise that Facebook has reached that point (at least within North America).
The fact is.. as soon as a viable alternative to Facebook is created, many more users could very well jump ship.

Now.. to the point of Adlandpro.. because that is what we were talking about here.. ok?
You can have more of the same here in Adland (I mean.. less activity, less interest, and less income), or you can foster interest and make improvements that will hopefully create a resurgence of interest here.

Now.. I'll give you an example. Amplify.com
The owner, Eric Goldstein was extremely open and candid about what was going on with the site.. what improvements he was considering.. what improvements members would like to see. That was a very good example of an owner understanding Social Media and the members of Amplify responded in a positive manner.
Then one day.. Eric decided he wanted to make a particular change that affected everyone on the site (reducing the Title of posts to 40 characters)
This created quite a stir amongst many of the members most active, because it was limiting how they were accustomed to using the site.
Despite many protests.. the changes remained.. and this caused malcontent and defections.. and no small amount of posts in opposition. I do mean A LOT of posts. Some very heated and extremely critical.

Maybe it was the critiques.. or maybe the rapid drop in activity.. but at least that one change was reversed.. however the damage was already done for some of the members.. and they moved on.

People have moved on Bodgan.. perhaps because of changes.. or perhaps because of things going on that they didn't really like, but if you are really looking to foster a better sense of community, more activity, and more membership involvement.. I doubt it will happen with anything less than transparency and honesty with those you are asking to "lead the charge".

Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2011 8:06:47 PM
Good to see you Bogdan and an interesting article regarding Facebook, although I am a little unsure of what this has to do with Adland, unless you are saying that maybe part of the problem is that every style of community including Adland etc. can reach a saturation point or burn out ?

While I agree that such things as seasonal fluctuations can create a drop or even a rise in any given membership, the big problem to Facebook is that fact that the owner is not taking responsibility with issues of privacy and who has this idea that such topics as children under the age of 13 be allowed to join any social community especially Facebook.

Has this happened to Adland, I will say a resounding no, but I have to also look that the very real possibility that maybe Adland has indeed reached a saturation or burnout point.

I am a firm believer in ways and means to meet social optimization, but if people will not come out and say what it is they are attracted to in a site, why they are here, very little can be done.

As an owner of a business,you need to look at all sides and come to your own conclusions. If Adland is a marketing arena, then you have to do things a certain way, but if you are embracing social media in its concept of caring and sharing, then changes must be made or this forum will not last long or rather it will keep going as it is and I do not see a positive future to it and to be honest I find that a shame.

I have noticed that @mistrtim ( Tim) is also being very helpful in his opinions, which is very cool if I say so myself.

If I can be of real use to you Bogdan, then I will keep sharing how I think and feel, but without meaningful changes I have no idea what to say over and above what I have already mentioned.

My very best regards to you and everyone in Adland
+0
6/13/2011 8:14:03 PM
There will always be chances for development with social communities and if a new community will be started with more options to make money than just chasing referrals, there will be a rush for that kind of community.We haven´t seen it all and suddenly new community-inventions are on the rise again.The dangerous situation will appear when anyone thinks he has seen it all and is static in his thinking.Always remember that an online marketer always should be a developer.

Quote:
Hello Tim and Diane and friends,

Thank you for interesting feedback.
There are some general trends which are affecting every business even mentioned facebook.

I just saw this article today.

Facebook Is Losing Users In The Countries Where It Took Off First

Something strange is going on: Facebook is losing customers.

Lots of customers. According to Inside Facebook's data service, Facebook lost 6 million users in the U.S. last month, dropping from 155.2 million to 149.4 million. That's the first time U.S. numbers have dropped in more than a year.

It also lost 1.52 million users in Canada, dropping to 16.6 million -- that's an 8% drop -- and 100,000 each in the U.K., Norway, and Russia.

Total Facebook users were still up 1.7% thanks to growth in countries where the service got popular later, like Mexico and Brazil.

But big drops in the countries where Facebook first became popular can't be good news -- it suggests that there is a saturation point where people begin to burn out on the service.

Inside Facebook notes that seasonal fluctuations might be partly to blame -- for example, the end of the school year happens in June, and that might cause some college graduates to cancel their account. But Inside Facebook has also noticed that growth tends to halt once 50% usage is reached in each country.

This is also the second month in a row with slower than normal growth.

The only way Facebook can keep growing, then, is to add big new countries. Like China.

Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4629 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2011 8:25:11 PM
Hello Mattias, Diane and Tim,

Thanks again for the feedback.

You all talk about changes and new ideas.

What is a desirable change or and idea which would make a difference for you?

Bogdan
Hello
+0
6/13/2011 8:40:47 PM
As we see a lot of advertising here I would suggest a certain page of the ten most reliable opportunities by ranking to list for networkers.It has to be opportunities of the best quality and it has to be up to date.As soon as an opportunity will stop to pay or not as reliable as it should be, it has to be taken off that list.This list should include opportunities with payment processors of some variation and not only one.That is my suggestion for now.Make it ethical!

Quote:
Hello Mattias, Diane and Tim,

Thanks again for the feedback.

You all talk about changes and new ideas.

What is a desirable change or and idea which would make a difference for you?

Bogdan
Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!