Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Forum Informum - Feedback for Business and Pleasure
6/12/2011 9:28:53 PM

Great constructive comments.

I'm so proud to host this conversation, as Bogdan keeps to his word and monitors content. To-date Bogdan has answered and solved most of the problems brought here and this new discussion can only lead to better things.

Thank you all again and KEEP YOUR SUGGESTIONS COMING.

Roger Macdivitt

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2011 1:52:08 AM
To: Bogdan

cc Roger, Adland members

I have been thinking more on the issue of Adland features and ideas to be of help:

1. Create sharing buttons that would be under everyone's post or discussion. Social media is all about sharing, so having a twitter,Facebook,Digg,Google Buzz buttons will drive traffic outside of Adland, but would draw interested people back into the community.

2. Have a like/dislike tabs like this one below

like/dislike buttons

These ideas are being used on facebook, blogs and other arenas with great success, so it would seem reasonable that a forum would also be able to use these kind of features

3. Create a zero tolerance for spam of any kind.

With strong leadership and learning strong Social engine optimization, I feel quite confident that you will be able to come up with a good plan.

There, now I feel a bit better for offering ideas that will hopefully be productive.

Best Regards,
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2011 8:31:03 AM

Thank you Diane.

Another useful point.

Roger

+0
6/13/2011 2:18:10 PM

Roger, Bogdan & Friends,

It is good that some of the discussion has been brought here from AIF. Thank you Guadalupe, Tim and Diane for stating your comments here. You have presented some worthy thoughts and ideas that I am sure are being taken into consideration.

Yes, Tim - the subject is getting more response in FB than here but I hope that others will come to the community and leave their comments also.

I don't think the owners of Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn would take the time to talk directly with their members. Many of us appreciate Bogdan for being the person he is and letting us more into his life. I love to see all the photographs he posts and how he interacts with members.

Roger - carry on...

Myrna, thank you friend very much.

Pat, Adlanders in Facebook was your original idea and I am happy to be a part of it.

A good day to all,

Sara

+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4629 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2011 6:34:32 PM
Hello Tim and Diane and friends,

Thank you for interesting feedback.
There are some general trends which are affecting every business even mentioned facebook.

I just saw this article today.

Facebook Is Losing Users In The Countries Where It Took Off First

Something strange is going on: Facebook is losing customers.

Lots of customers. According to Inside Facebook's data service, Facebook lost 6 million users in the U.S. last month, dropping from 155.2 million to 149.4 million. That's the first time U.S. numbers have dropped in more than a year.

It also lost 1.52 million users in Canada, dropping to 16.6 million -- that's an 8% drop -- and 100,000 each in the U.K., Norway, and Russia.

Total Facebook users were still up 1.7% thanks to growth in countries where the service got popular later, like Mexico and Brazil.

But big drops in the countries where Facebook first became popular can't be good news -- it suggests that there is a saturation point where people begin to burn out on the service.

Inside Facebook notes that seasonal fluctuations might be partly to blame -- for example, the end of the school year happens in June, and that might cause some college graduates to cancel their account. But Inside Facebook has also noticed that growth tends to halt once 50% usage is reached in each country.

This is also the second month in a row with slower than normal growth.

The only way Facebook can keep growing, then, is to add big new countries. Like China.

Hello
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!