Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Karen Gigikos

1410 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Go Ahead! Laugh! You Know You Want To!.
7/11/2010 6:13:13 PM
Hi Phil
I don't know if you heard I went in for my test for surgery, and they found something on my EKG so tomorrow I am having a nuclar stress test to see if every thing is ok with my heart for surgery, nothing has ever showed up before on the EKG with my two stints.
thstressed.jpg picture by kareblblt
karen gigikos / black belt grannyHobbies
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/11/2010 9:18:03 PM

"I will lie down in peace and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe." Psalms 4:8

Hi Karen,

Yes, my Friend, I understand, and as I said I will be praying with you and for you. At times whenever I'm feeling tense and stressed, I often think of the following prayer. I hope that it may bring you Comfort, just as it always does me.t

Lord God, Merciful Father, As we kneel before You this evening, we are full of stress and anxiety. Reading your Word brings us comfort, as we come bearing all of our heavy burdens. As we take each burden, one by one, and lay them at Your feet, we trust that You will carry them for us, for as You know, O Lord, we're often are too weak to bear them. Replace them with Your humble and gentle yoke, so that we may find rest for our souls this night. We thankfully receive Your gift of peace of mind and of heart. Thank You that we can lie down tonight in peace and sleep restfully. We know that You alone, O Lord, will always keep us safe. We will not be afraid, because You are always with us always, even unto the End times. Please keep us daily, Lord, forever in your perfect peace. Amen

May He Bless You & Bring You Peace,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/13/2010 12:33:45 AM

Hello Again My Friends,

Time to share a few more Grins & Giggles...

Dangers Of Casual Emailing

An Illinois man left the snow-filled streets of Chicago for a vacation in Florida. His wife was on a business trip and was planning to meet him there the next day.

When he reached his hotel in Florida, he decided to send his wife a quick e-mail. Unable to find the scrap of paper on which he had written her e-mail address, he did his best to type it in from memory. Unfortunately, he missed one letter on the address and his note was directed instead to an elderly preacher’s wife whose husband had passed away only the day before.

When the grieving widow checked her e-mail, she took one look at the monitor, let out a loud scream, and fell to the floor in a faint. At the sound, her family rushed into the room, and saw this note on the screen:

DEAREST WIFE: JUST GOT CHECKED IN. EVERYTHING IS PREPARED FOR YOUR ARRIVAL TOMORROW.

P.S. SURE IS HOT DOWN HERE.

Rainstorm

Torrential rainstorms were knocking down power lines all over town. That meant, as a customer service rep for the electric company, I was dispatching repairmen right and left.
When one lineman called a customer to get her exact address, he was told, "I'm at Post Office Box 99."

The weary lineman replied, "Ma'am, I'll be coming to you in a truck, not an envelope."

The Church Gossip

Sarah was the church gossip and self-appointed supervisor of the church's morals. She kept sticking her nose into other people's business. Several residents were unappreciative of her activities, but feared her enough to maintain their silence.

She made a mistake, however, when she accused George, a new member, of being an alcoholic after she saw his pickup truck parked in front of the town's only bar one afternoon. She commented to George and others that everyone seeing it there would know that he was an alcoholic.
George, a man of few words, stared at her for a moment and just walked away. He said nothing.
Later that evening, George, quietly parked his pickup in front of Sarah's house............... AND he left it there all night.

A Brave Man

True bravery is arriving home late after a guy's night out, being assaulted by your wife with a broom, and still having the guts to ask:

"Are you still cleaning or are you flying somewhere?"

P.S. Serices will be held Wednesday at 11:00 AM at Antioch Baptist Chrch

A Well Organized Life

Two senior ladies met for the first time since graduating from high school. One asked the other, "You were always so organized in school, did you manage to live a well planned life?"

"Oh yes," said her friend. "My first marriage was to a millionaire; my second marriage was to an actor; ,my third marriage was to a preacher; and now I'm married to an undertaker."

Her friend asked, "What do those marriages have to do with a well planned life?"

"One for the money, two for the show. three to get ready and four to go

The Perks Of Being Over 50

• Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.
  • You sing along with elevator music.
  • Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
  • You have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it.
  • People call at 9 PM and ask, "Did I wake you?"
  • People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
  • Things you buy now won't wear out.
  • You can live without sex but not without glasses.
  • You enjoy hearing about other peoples operations.
  • You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
  • You can eat dinner at 4 P.M.
  • There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
  • You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
  • You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
  • Your eyes won't get much worse.
  • Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
  • You can't remember who sent you this list.

Have A Great Week & Always Leave 'Em Smiling,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
    +0
    Phillip Black

5931 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    7/14/2010 11:25:32 PM

Hello Friends,

Just setting here on a Wednesday, feeling a little lonely. Hoping that someone might stop by, with whom I could share a smile or two and brighten up both of our days...

New Shower

In search of a new shower for our home, my wife and I went to a bathroom-supply store.

We discussed our needs with a young saleswoman.

Since it was near closing time, we had to curtail our discussion and made plans to come back the next

day to make our final decision.

Later that evening, my wife and I were at a restaurant, where the same young lady from the bathroom-

supply store was now working a shift as a waitress.

As she passed our table, she suddenly recognized us and called to me in a loud voice,

"HEY! You're the man who needs a shower!"

Jokes For Your Next Baby Shower

Q: Am I more likely to get pregnant if my husband wears boxers or briefs ?
    A: You'll have an even better chance if he doesn't wear anything at all

Q: What do you call a pregnancy that begins while using birth control ?
    A: A misconception

Q: What is the easiest way to figure out exactly when I got pregnant ?
    A: Have sex just once a year

Q: What is the most common pregnancy craving ?
    A: For men to be the ones who get pregnant

Q: I'm two months pregnant now. When will my baby move ?
    A: With any luck, right after he finishes college

Q: My breasts, rear end & even my feet have grown. Is there anything that gets smaller during pregnancy ?
    A: Yes, your bladder

Q: My wife is 5 months pregnant and so moody that she's borderline irrational.
    A: So what's your question ?

Q: What's the difference between a pregnant woman and a Playboy centerfold ?
    A. Nothing, if the pregnant woman's husband knows what's good for him

Q: What position should the baby be in during the ninth month of pregnancy ?
    A: Head down, pressing firmly on your bladder

Q: When is the best time to get an epidural ?
    A: Right after you find out you're pregnant

Q: What is colic ?
    A: A reminder for new parents to use birth control

Moving Day

The loving Wife, who had been faithful up to the Bitter End spent the first day after the Divorce was final, packing her belongings into boxes, crates and suitcases. Then on the second day, she had the movers come and collect her things. And finally, on the third day, she sat down for the last time at their beautiful dining room table by candlelight, put on some soft background music, and feasted on a pound of shrimp, a jar of caviar, and a bottle of Chardonnay. When she had finished, she went into each and every room and deposited a few half-eaten shrimp shells, dipped in caviar, into the hollow of the curtain rods. She then cleaned up the kitchen and left.

When the husband returned with his new (much-younger) girlfriend, all was bliss for the first few days. Then slowly, the house began to smell. They tried everything; cleaning and mopping and airing the place out. Vents were checked for dead rodents, and carpets were steam cleaned. Air fresheners were hung everywhere. Exterminators were brought in to set off gas canisters, during which they had to move out for a few days, and in the end they even paid to replace the expensive wool carpeting. However, nothing worked. People stopped coming over to visit. Repairmen refused to work in the house. The maid quit. Finally, the couple simply could not take the stench any longer and they decided to move.

A month later, even though they had cut their price in half, they could not find a buyer for their stinky house. Word got out, and eventually, even the local realtors refused to return their calls. Finally, they had to borrow a huge sum of money from the bank to purchase a new place.

Shortly thereafter, the ex-wife called the man, and asked how things were going. He told her the saga of the rotting house. She listened politely, and said that she missed her old home terribly, and would be willing to reduce her divorce settlement in exchange for getting the house back.

Since he thought that his ex-wife had no idea how bad the smell was, he agreed on price that was about 1/10th of what the house had been worth...But only if she were to sign the papers that very day. She agreed, and within the hour, his lawyers delivered the paperwork.

Finally, a week later, the man and his new girlfriend stood smirking as they watched the moving company pack everything to take to their new home, including the curtain rods.

I JUST LOVE A STORY WITH A HAPPY ENDING, DON'T YOU?

The 10 Best Caddy Replies

# 10 -- Golfer: "Think I'm going to drown myself in the lake."

Caddy: "Think you can keep your head down that long?"

# 9 -- Golfer: "I'd move heaven and earth to break 100 on this course."

Caddy: "Try heaven, you've already moved most of the earth."

# 8 -- Golfer: "Do you think my game is improving?"

Caddy: "Yes sir, you miss the ball much closer now."

# 7 -- Golfer: "Do you think I can get there with a 5 iron?"

Caddy: "Eventually."

# 6 -- Golfer: "You've got to be the worst caddy in the world."

Caddy: "I don't think so sir. That would be too much of a coincidence."

# 5 -- Golfer: "Please stop checking your watch all the time. It's too much of a distraction."

Caddy: "It's not a watch - it's a compass."

# 4 -- Golfer: "How do you like my game ?"

Caddy: "Very good sir, but personally, I prefer golf."

# 3 -- Golfer: "Do you think it's a sin to play on Sunday?"

Caddy: "The way you play, sir, it's a sin on any day."

# 2 -- Golfer: "This is the worst course I've ever played on."

Caddy: "This isn't the golf course. We left that an hour ago."

And the # 1 Best Caddy Comment.....

Golfer: "That can't be my ball, it's too old.

Caddy: "It's been a long time since we teed off, sir.

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

+0
    Robert Coaster

581 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Person Of The Week
    7/15/2010 4:58:58 PM
    Hi Phil,

Just stopping by to say hi & wish you & everyone here a great weekend.

+0

facebook
    Like us on Facebook!