Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Pet Stories
12/31/2011 8:33:15 PM

Hi Cheryl,

Some veterinarians sell cans of "bug bomb" and that really helps, but you need to put all food away first, and then run out of the room quickly, or leave the house for a couple hours.

My indoor cats also had infestation several years ago, they had been getting into the basement crawlspace and getting fleas there, and then sometimes in summer, one of my son's friends comes over, he doesn't bring his dog with him, but has a dog at his house and possibly is bringing in a flea or 2 on himself when he visits, it only takes one or a couple to create more very quickly.

+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/31/2011 8:39:44 PM
Hi Kathleen,

Thanks for the advice. Years ago I would have (and have) used those things but I have gotten away from using poison in the house and I am doing my best to learn what to use outside that is effective and non-toxic. I feed a lot of birds these days. I know these things work but you have to use them properly for them to be effective.

I've made progress as I've gotten that all important learning experience.

The diatomaceous earth stuff really looks like it does a lot and I am going to be experimenting with it in many areas.

Later, I'll post what I've learned about it from my own experience.

Again, hope you are having a nice birthday, and have a great New Year!

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/31/2011 8:43:43 PM
Hi Cheryl,

I too am having problems, thise darn fleas just will not dye this year or go into the ground for the winter. It hasn't been cold love enough for them to stay under, I would like to put them under, I do a few, but not enough. lol I agree 2012 need to be the year with NO FLEAS. Lets put them all under.

Looking forward to 2012----Wishing you all a great year 2012--big things are coming.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/31/2011 9:20:09 PM

Hi Cheryl,

The bug-bomb was our last resort, that year of 2005 or maybe it was 2006 was a very bad year for fleas in west Michigan, the vet said everyone's pets and houses were full of fleas that summer. That was a hot humid pollen-filled summer, also bad for our allergies. The bug-bomb got rid of every bug for a year, none came back for a very long time, not even the daddy-longleg spiders we usually have in the basement.

Have you tried the flea-medicine you put on the back of the cat's neck? They don't like the drops of liquid but it gets rid of their fleas within 24-48 hours and they don't come back for over a month or sometimes a couple months.

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/1/2012 6:51:31 AM
Quote:

Hi Cheryl,

The bug-bomb was our last resort, that year of 2005 or maybe it was 2006 was a very bad year for fleas in west Michigan, the vet said everyone's pets and houses were full of fleas that summer. That was a hot humid pollen-filled summer, also bad for our allergies. The bug-bomb got rid of every bug for a year, none came back for a very long time, not even the daddy-longleg spiders we usually have in the basement.

Have you tried the flea-medicine you put on the back of the cat's neck? They don't like the drops of liquid but it gets rid of their fleas within 24-48 hours and they don't come back for over a month or sometimes a couple months.

Yep, I did that Kathleen a number of times, from different batches of FrontlinePlus. Nothing has worked. I have been told a lot of people had problems with it this year. Some are doing great others are having problems like I am. It is much better since I have used Borex on everything. But the cat goes outside and is still getting some fleas. Those suckers don't want to go into hiding this year.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!