Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Pet Stories
11/28/2011 12:26:14 AM
Hi Myrna,

Did the Borax really work? Did you mix it with water and sponge it on the carpet??? Sounds like a lot of work.

I only dusted the diatomaceous earth on the carpet once. I am still combing the cats and still have fleas. I probably have not vacuumed enough. I was thinking of dusting the carpet again. I need to put it on the cats, too. I have to find something that really works or the method that really works.

Have you ever tried that non-toxic oil spray from Dr. Mercola's/Dr. Becker's site? That sounds like it would be good for dogs, and cats, that go outside so that once you got rid of the fleas, they wouldn't jump on the pet that goes outside.

I will sure be glad to get rid of these pesky bugs and I am sure my cats will be happy too. So many years without fleas then somehow they find their way inside!

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/28/2011 2:51:30 AM
Hi Cheryl,

Yes the Borax works. I just sprinkled it on my carpet and left it on for several days, then vacuumed. I also put it all over my basement floor to get of any bugs, and it is good to. It worked for me. I still have fleas on the cat, but then he goes outside. I think it is better to comb him, then his getting on my nerves by crying to go out. Oh how I spoil these pets I have. Glad I don't have more then one. It would really drive me crazy. lol.

Hope this helps.
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/28/2011 2:58:11 AM
Hi Myrna,
So the Borax you get is just the laundry stuff at the grocery store? And you just sprinkled it around?

I think if you got this natural oil spray from Dr. Mercola and put it on your cat, he wouldn't bring any more fleas in. If you try it let me know.

I have three I am trying to comb. Some are easier than others. I have to get rid of these fleas. It was so nice for years without them. I do not know how they got in the house but once I get rid of them I surely don't want a repeat.

Let me know if that's the Borax you got because I will get some and try it.

Thanks!

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/28/2011 6:15:05 AM
Hi Cheryl,

Yes the Borax I got at the grocery store. You know the 12 mule team.

I tried some other pet spray for fleas and if you can stand the smell of it and the cats will let you spray them, well all I can say is good for you. Cats hate to heard that spray.

The best thing I have found is to have a fine tooth comb and a brush. Be close to a sink and just wash those fleas down the drain. The small brush is to brush out the fleas from the comb. I use hot water, it kills them quick. Once you sprinkle around the Borax you have got to get the fleas off the cat, if not they will stay there a long time. I saw a small kitten when I worked at the vets so invested with fleas that it died. Yes the fleas can kill the cat.

I have worked awhile on Buddy and then found more fleas later, they are so hard to find sometimes, that is why you need to go back.

Another thing I did what to use Borax water and wash off all furniture any where the cat goes. It is ok to rub it over your furniture, it will not hurt the furniture.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know how it is working.
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/28/2011 4:54:05 PM
HI Cheryl, what a nice pet forum. We have 3 cat girls. Annie, Taffy and Inky.

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!