Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Pet Stories
12/13/2011 8:08:20 PM
Hi Patricia,

What a nice lapful you have there!

I have always had cats. I did have a dog for 15 years once. She was nice though even my son realized that he'd rather have a cat. It's fun to have a dog but they are more care and trouble than a lap full of cats. LOL

Guess you saw Myrna and I are fighting fleas, and mine don't even go outside!!! So I now have the Borax and will have to get it on the carpets. What fun! I have my work cut out for me. I am combing them, too. One doesn't like to be combed. The other two are good about it.

We like all the helpful hints we can get here.

One thing I did not too long ago was switch my cats to a grain-free diet. I noticed the difference! I've been reading and cats and dogs do not eat grains and that's what we feed them. Cheap and easy, I guess. Their health suffers though. I wonder if we are supposed to eat as much grain (bread, pasta, desserts, etc.) as we do. Did you ever think that we feed grains to animals to fatten them up??? Something to think about....

Anyway, my 17 year old that the vet says has cancer on her jaw, has just settled in my lap again. She is always there.

Keep in touch,

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
12/13/2011 9:15:18 PM

Hi Cheryl, We have 3 pets now, Lillian, a St. Benard that was rescued off of the streets in Illinois. She was saved from starvation, even after we got her several weeks into her "rescue",I could count every bone in her body! She is filled out now and very happy. Makes every move I make in our old ranch style home. Likes to take my hand off of the computer or piano keyboard when I practice (do I sound THAT) bad?? she does it to ask for petting and at night takes up 1/2 of our king sized bed to sleep on.

Pepper is a Great pyrnease and he is our "guard dog", nothing or nobody gets past him.

Boo Baby is a calico cat I rescued out of one of our trees after being chased there by her owners' dog. (neither of whom were desirable neighbors and now gone from the area). She loves to sit in the computer chair or on the lap. I have a really neat story about dogs that I will post another time. Thanks! Florine

Florine George Find Your Dream Phone:636-475-4153 E-Mail: florine.george@gmail.com
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/13/2011 9:38:20 PM
hi cheryl and myrna. sorry you ladies and your pets are "fighting fleas"

not to brag about my "company" but I'm an AVON lady and our SKIN SO SOFT helps get rid of fleas.
here is some information from the web. it is an old standby, tried and true product.

Pat

ANIMAL USES

72. It's a great insect repellent for your pet. (As recommended in "Outdoor Life" and "Field and Stream")
73. Mix 5 parts water, 1 part SSS and mist on animals. Brushing it in makes their coats gleam and keeps insects off so the animals don't fidget in the show ring.
74. Mix in your pet's bath water. It takes the fleas off of them...and in between sprays them with the same mixture as in #2 to help keep them off.

75. Rub on your hands before and after working with your pets and farm animals. It will remove the strong smells.
76. Black Fly Spray For Dogs: Use as a spray or a dip. 1 cup SSS, 1/2 cup liquid detergent and 3 gallons of water.
77. For dogs dry skin mix 1 tablespoon of SSS per gallon of water and use as an after bath rinse. Or spritz your pet's coat once per week.
78. If your dog should get tar or asphalt on the pads of their feet rub on SSS and then wipe off.
79. Flea Bath: Use a flea and tick shampoo. Rinse, rinse, rinse so no soap residue is left. Follow with final rinse of 2 gallons of water mixed with flea dip and 1 capful of SSS. The SSS helps replace the oils lost in bathing and has the added benefit of repelling insects.
80. Flea Repellent: Avon's SSS Bath Oil. 1-1/2 ounces per gallon of water; used as a sponge-on dip (or as a spritz) has been tested and proven to have significant, but not complete, flea-repellent activity for a 6-day period. It should help those dry coats, too.
81. Many chows have very dry and flaky skin, especially for being black. Use it about twice a month just spray it on.
82. I use the following on my horses and on my dogs when necessary. 1-cup Avon SSS bath oil 1-cup white vinegar 1-cup (or more) water 5 cc of essential oil of citronella (from the health food store NOT the type you burn to keep insects away that is available in a drug store) Mix in a spray bottle. Straight SSS works well for mosquito’s too but really makes your dog greasy.
83. (Barns) Use of an inexpensive fly control spray or a diluted mix of Avon SSS in water can be sprayed on barn walls and floor to discourage insects from hanging around or to eliminate them before putting in the new bedding. As time permits, and if you can keep your goats out of the barn for a few hours - let the barn stand and air out before re-filling with bedding.
84. Rub on your hands before and after working with pets and farm animals, takes away pet odor.
85. Avon's SSS bath oil massaged directly into the skin of your Rottweiler acts not only as a successful repellant and makes their dogs smell good but helps prevent drying and itchy skin.
86. A natural way to help cats with flea problems and flea allergies is to rub Skin So Soft into the skin. Once a bug, always a bug. Fleas don't like it either! Spread the word!
87. Cats: SSS IS SAFE FOR FUR LICKING. The SSS plus is safe as long as it is the one without sunscreen.
88. Don't overuse the SSS. I just use the lotion, and rub it into the skin, not more than every few days. My cat's sensitive and we're being careful. Common sense is the rule. Sprinkling Yeast on the cat food helps, too. My cat's fur is medium-length; he's part Persian, and he's doing fine, no ill effects from the SSS. You can check with your vet to be sure if it's okay...

http://www.youravon.com/pbartch
and here is my blog so you can see all 100 uses for the skin so soft
http://www.merchantcircle.com/blogs/Patricia.Bartch.Independent.AVON.Sales.Rep.Portland.OR.503-286-9252/2011/12/100-Uses-for-Avons-Skin-So-Soft/842463
I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/14/2011 1:34:28 AM
Hi Cheryl and Pat,

Pat where were you this summer, when I was so distressed with fleas. I forgot about SSS. I have some here somewhere. I don't like the smell of it, but will see what I can do. Thanks for posting all the info.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/31/2011 8:21:30 PM
I am still working on getting the fleas out of the carpet! It's better but so long as I comb one flea off the cats, I must keep fighting. I think I am smothering them in the living room/dining room area I have put so much diatomaceous earth down. I am using Borax in the bedrooms.

I have been reading about diatomaceous earth and since I am now also fighting aphids on the garden front, I am going to use it there, too. The only problem with that is you have to have some dry days. LOL...lol....LOL...this is western Washington. I am not sure I know what a few dry days in a row look like.

I have to garden in pots where we are at the moment so at least I can bring them under cover. That's my next project. I will eventually, and sooner rather that later, I hope, get all the aphids on the outside and all the fleas on the inside! Wish I knew how the fleas got in since my cats don't go out.

Well, time to engage the enemy...

Happy New Year to all, and may there be no bugs this next year!

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!