Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
5/13/2011 9:35:53 PM

Hello Again My Friends,

As most of you know, I'm a Diabetic and I also fight the never-ending battle with Hypertension, so speaking of Honey as a sweetener, here's a Bread that I use quite regularly in place of store-bought whenever I have a craving for White Bread.

It's a really simple, good tasting, lower sodium white bread that is very light, and it's also lower in fat than many other white breads. Great for Sandwiches and it works well on the delay cycle so you can have it ready when you are ready to eat.

Simply White Bread

Ingredients

• 1 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast

Directions

1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select cycle; press Start.

Yield: One 11/2 lb Loaf.

Hope Your Weekend's Great,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/14/2011 12:31:55 AM
Hi Phil,

Me again with some more news. I found this article by chance a few weeks ago and put aside to help anyone with the diabetes. I use coconut oil and love it. Hope you find this helpful. Oh you can use it on toast, it is yummy.

Here is the answer for diabetes quick help.............

http://www.coconutoil.com/diabetes.htm
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/14/2011 10:09:20 PM

Hello Again Myrna,

Thanks so much for the terrific information on the benefits of Coconut Oil for Diabetes. I have been using it for years, however, I was not fully aware of many of it's health benefits.

As I mentioned before after you shared the cookie recipe with me, I regularly use both Coconut Oil & Coconut Flour, which I order from a company called Tropical Traditions.

Matter of fact, I often make a Protein Shake using Organic Coconut Oil & Organic Coconut Milk that you might like. This is the recipe...

Chocolate Coconut Banana Protein Shake

• 1-2 heaping scoops double bonded chocolate protein powder
  • 1 teaspoon cocoa
  • 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
  • 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk* or organic raw whole milk
  • 5 ice cubes, optional (more or less as desired)
  • 1-3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted

Add all ingredients except coconut oil to blender and blend, pouring the coconut oil in slowly. Continue blending until smooth and enjoy.

* For the freshest coconut milk I always make homemade coconut milk. (VIdeo Recipe @ this Link)

Once again my Friend, I appreciate your concern for my health and the fact that you care enough to share all of this excellent information.

Have A Blessed Weekend My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/14/2011 11:26:19 PM
Phil,

I like that idea of coconut milk, there is no waste. Did you see the recipe on the side........
looks super good,,,,,, wish I had one right now.............will I would use honey now maple syrup...........

Chocolate and Vanilla Macaroons

Chocolate and Vanilla Macaroons photo
Chocolate and Vanilla Macaroons
photo by recipe author

Servings: 12 large cookies

Vanilla version:

Choose which version you want to make and combine ingredients for chocolate or vanilla macaroons in a bowl.

Spoon dough and shape into small round discs or spoon "mounds" like traditional macaroons on parchment on a baking sheet sprinkle or press in coconut.

Let firm up in freezer. Makes 12 large macaroon cookies.

Recipe submitted by Jaclyn, Guelph, ON

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/15/2011 12:00:35 AM

Hi Myrna,

Thanks for reminding me my Friend. Two of my favorite weaknesses, Chocolate and Macaroon Cookies. Haven't tried them yet, but I'm sure that I will.

Now, continuing with a Pork Theme, like the Tangy Pork Roast that I featured over at my Crockpot Cooking Forum, here's one that my Mom came up with back when I was a child. It was the ONLY way I would eat green onions back then.

Pork Steaks

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 bunch green onions
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 6 pork butt steaks

Directions

1. Melt butter in a skillet, and mix in the soy sauce. Saute the green onions and garlic until lightly browned.
  2. Place the pork steaks in the skillet, cover, and cook 8 to 10 minutes on each side, Remove cover, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Serves 6.

Have A Super Saturday,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!