Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
5/16/2011 12:50:45 AM

Hello Friends,

Let's finish out the Weekend with something a little bit healthier. Here's a juicy breast of chicken that even those picky eaters will enjoy.

Broiled Chicken Breasts with Herbs, Carrots, and Red Potatoes

Ingredients

• 4 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
  • 4 carrots, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
  • 4 red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions

1. Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Line a 10x12 inch pan with aluminum foil.
  2. Use the tip of a sharp boning or paring knife to cut 3 small slits into the side of each chicken breast; insert a slice of garlic into each slit.
  3. Mix the rosemary, thyme, and sage together on a shallow dish; roll and press each chicken breast into the herb mixture to coat.
  4. Arrange the breasts close together on the foil-lined pan. Place carrots and red potatoes in a layer around chicken and fold up edges of foil approximately 1 inch. Drizzle carrots and red potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
  5. Cook in the preheated oven for 7 minutes; turn the chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F.

Have A Restful Sunday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
5/16/2011 12:57:51 AM

Wow Phil, that looks delicious!! Thank you for the recipe.

Hugs,

Sara

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/16/2011 11:02:50 PM

Hi Sara,

Thanks for stopping by to visit. Glad that you liked the Chicken Breast Recipe. here's one that I picked up from a Neighbor when he had us over for a Cookout a few weeks back. These savory salmon burgers hold up quite well on the grill, especially if you use a nice fillet of wild king salmon. Serve on the homemade onion rolls with lettuce, tomato, mustard, and horseradish for a great barbeque main dish. Just add a tossed Salad and some Bush's Grilling Beans. I added my homemade Soft Onion Rolls just to give it my personal touch.

Salmon Rosemary Burgers

Ingredients

• 2 1/2 pounds king salmon fillet, skinned and de-boned
  • 1 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup minced red onion
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions

1. Prepare the salmon by cutting into strips, cutting the strips crosswise, and chopping the fish until well minced. Be sure to remove any remaining bones.
  2. In a large bowl, mix the minced salmon with bread crumbs, red onion, Dijon mustard, horseradish, and eggs. Season with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Chill at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
  3. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
  4. Form the salmon mixture into 8 burger patties. Lightly coat each patty with olive oil.
  5. Place salmon patties on the grill, and cook 4 or 5 minutes on each side. Makes 8 Servings.

Soft Onion Sandwich Rolls

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup lukewarm milk
  • 5 tablespoons lukewarm water
  • 3 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
  • 1/4 cup instant potato flakes
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 (.25 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1/4 cup dried minced onion

Directions

1. Place the milk, water, butter, salt, sugar, onion powder, 3 tablespoons of dried onion, potato flakes, flour and yeast into the pan of a bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the Dough cycle, and press Start.
  2. When the cycle has completed, remove the dough from the machine, and knead on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 8 equal pieces, and form into balls. Gently flatten the balls until they are 4 inches in diameter. If they keep shrinking back, just let them relax for a minute before flattening. Place on a baking sheet, and cover loosely with a towel. Set in a draft-free place to rise until doubled in size, about 40 minutes.
  3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together the egg white and water in a cup. Brush over the tops of the risen rolls, and sprinkle with remaining minced onion.
  4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Cool completely, then slice in half horizontally before using. Serves 8.

Hope Your Week Is Wonderful,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2011 8:02:47 PM

Hello Everyone,

By now I'm sure that most of you know that since I try not to eat much, if any, Red Meat, I do eat a lot of Fish and Chicken. For a little something different, I hope that you'll try this easy, moist Chicken dish with a mild lime flavor and just a hint of sweetness.

Limehouse Chicken

Ingredients

• 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • 1 lime, zested and juiced
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 2 sprigs fresh mint, chopped

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Combine the flour, salt and paprika in a large plastic bag. Sprinkle lime juice over the chicken thighs, then place them in the bag. Shake pieces around until completely coated.
  3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook just until browned on each side. Transfer to a baking dish. Mix together the brown sugar and lime zest; sprinkle over the chicken. Pour the chicken broth and white wine into the pan. Sprinkle mint over the top.
  4. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Chicken should be cooked through and juices will run clear. Serves 6.

In addition, as a Treat today, let's stick with the Lime Theme and try this delicious Dessert. These make perfect little cakes, and they look fresh from a bakery. Everyone loves them. I also make this using 2 mini-cheesecake pans.

Key Lime Cheesecakes with Raspberry Swirls

Ingredients

• 2 cups crushed shortbread cookies
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
  • 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3 eggs, room temperature
  • 3 teaspoons grated key lime zest
  • 1/3 cup key lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup seedless black raspberry preserves

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 mini muffin pans and line with fancy paper liners.
  2. Combine the cookies, butter, and lime zest in a bowl until evenly moistened; press into the bottom of the prepared pans. I find a shot glass works wonderfully for this.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven 5 minutes; allow to cool.
  4. In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese and sugar. Gradually stir in the eggs, key lime zest, key lime juice, and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into the prepared cups, filling almost to the top. Spoon a drop of preserves on top of each one. Swirl preserves into the cream cheese mixture with a toothpick.
  5. Bake in preheated oven 13 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing from pans, 6 to 8 hours. Makes 2 Dozen Mini Cheesecakes.

Wishing You A Delightful Week,

Phil

+0
5/17/2011 10:29:13 PM
I'm new but I have to Thank you Phil for your WARM Welcome so let me share with you an original italian recipe for Risotto

Hope you will like it

Have All a Wonderful Week

[if !mso]> [endif]

Mushroom Risotto recipe

Ingredients

Rice (Arborio or Carnaroli) 2 cup
mushrooms 9oz
butter 3oz
salted vegetable broth 6 cup
white dry wine 1/2 glass
2 clove of garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
grated Parmesan cheese ½ cup
parsley a sprig
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Scrape with a knife, 9oz of mushrooms, clean them with a sheet of damp paper towels and cut into cubes.
Crush the garlic and let it brown with 2oz of butter and 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Pour the rice and toast for 2 minutes, stirring often.
Sprinkle with 1 / 2 glass of white wine and let evaporate, add the mushrooms and a sprig of parsley, previously washed, dried and crushed. Cook the risotto for 15/20 minutes, gradually adding the broth needed.
Turn off the heat, add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, add 1oz of butter and ½ cup of parmesan cheese then carefully stir the risotto and bring to the table

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!