Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
12/15/2010 11:33:15 PM

Hi Sara,

Sorry to be so tardy stopping back by, but it's Christmas. What can you do, but enjoy it!

Loved the Cabbage recipe, but I'm sorry that you didn't get any Fish. If this helps any, here's a little Italian Fish to make up for it.

Either Cod and Haddock fillets will work well for this braised dish. It's an extra easy and quick way to fix a superb tasting fish dish! Serve over the Mushroom Rice that folows.

Fish Fillets Italiano

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1 pound cod fillets

Directions

1. In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until softened.
  2. Stir in tomatoes, olives, parsley, and wine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
  3. Place fillets in sauce. Simmer for about 5 more minutes, or until fish turns white.

And, to go with...some Easy Mushroom Rice. If you are a mushrom lover like me, I would HIGHLY recommend doubling or tripling the amount of mushrooms in this dish. Of course, I always use fresh.

Mushroom Rice

Ingredients

• 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
  • 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 1/4 cup butter

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Combine rice, onion soup, beef broth, mushrooms and butter in an 8x8 inch casserole dish.
  3. Cover, and bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes.

Have Yourselves A Merry Little Christmas,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/15/2010 11:44:19 PM
Hi Phil,

I just brought a bag of rice with this recipe on it. I was thinking I will have to post that one for Phil, but never mind you are way ahead of me. Toooo funny.

Ingredients

• 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
  • 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 1/4 cup butter

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Combine rice, onion soup, beef broth, mushrooms and butter in an 8x8 inch casserole dish.
  3. Cover, and bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/16/2010 12:11:00 AM

Hi Myrna,

You know what they say about two Great Minds always traveling on the same track. That is kind of spooky though.

Anyway, I do love rice, just about any way it's prepared, so here's another that I like. It's really tasty, and easy too. The lime juice provides a nice salty taste. I usually pair this with Chicken tacos, but it's also great with Salmon, Chicken, or even with Turkey tacos.

Lime Cilantro Rice

Ingredients

• 2 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 cup long-grain white rice
  • 1 teaspoon lime zest
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro

Directions

1. Bring the water to a boil; stir the butter and rice into the water. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
  2. Stir the lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro into the cooked rice just before serving.

Have A Very Merry Christmas My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/17/2010 9:18:21 PM

Hello My Friends,

I don't know about you all, but I generally try to eat a little bit lighter in the weeks leading up to a major Holiday, because I know that I'm going to "pig out" on the Big Day. Here's one of my favorite Light Meals. Serve with a Small Tossed Salad.

White Bean & Shrimp Burgers

Ingredients:

1 large garlic clove
8 ounces shrimp, peeled
2 cups cooked or canned white beans, well drained
1/4 cup roughly chopped chives or green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil, or more as needed

Preparation:
1. Combine garlic, 2 or 3 shrimp, and 1/2 cup white beans in a food processor and pulse until blended but not quite puréed, stopping the machine to scrape down the sides of the container as necessary. Add remaining shrimp and beans, chives, parsley, salt and pepper; pulse until mixture is roughly chopped and just combined.
2. Shape into 4 patties and refrigerate at least 10 minutes or up to several hours.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add patties and cook until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Add more oil if the pan looks dry. Turn patties carefully and cook the other side until browned and the centers are firm and thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature. Serves 4.
Note: You can also broil the patties instead of pan frying if you prefer. Just brush tops with olive oil and broil on a well-greased rimmed baking sheet 4 inches from the heat source 5 to 7 minutes on each side, until thoroughly cooked and browned. Much healthier and tastes just as good, or even better.
Have A Happy Christmas My Friends,
Phil

+0
12/17/2010 9:35:19 PM

Sounds like some tasty recipes, I am hungry already! again...

I need to get some graphics.

Hugs,

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!