Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
8/26/2010 3:21:00 AM

Hello Sara,

I would never call anyone down for posting whatever that want to contribute to one of my Forums, provided it's not an Ad for "the latest, greatest, whatchamacallit!". I love lively discussions as much as I love cooking. I guess the Good Lord has just truly Blessed me with a Gift, because I've yet to meet the person who I cannot leave with a smile, North or South.

Of course, I also like it when you share such lovely pictures to make my mouth water. The Potatoes look especially delicious.

This recipe this evening is basically quite simple and uses condensed tomato soup and beaten egg, combined with ground beef, rice, chopped onion, parsley, and seasonings to make these deliciously spicy meatballs.

Zesty Porcupine Meatballs

Ingredients

• 1 egg
  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
  • 1/4 cup instant rice
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 teaspoon onion salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

Directions

1. Lightly beat egg with a fork, then add a heaping tablespoon of the soup and mix lightly. Mix in rice, onion, parsley, onion salt and pepper. Stir in the ground beef and mix well with hands. From mixture into 1 1/2 inch round meatballs.
  2. Coat a large skillet over medium heat with cooking spray. Cook meatballs and brown on all sides.
  3. Combine remaining soup with Worcestershire (you can increase or decrease Worcestershire to your liking), stir until smooth, then spoon over meatballs. Cover with lid and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring every few minutes.

Wishing You A Blessed Week My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/26/2010 9:32:42 PM
Hello My Friends,

First of all, no, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. I'm trying something a little bit different this time. If you've been over to my Healthy Crockpot Recipes Thread, you'll probably recognize the title of today's dish, Blueberry Buckle. That's right, the same delicious Dessert, just prepared differently. Hope you'll try this recipe, one way or the other, the choice is yours. It's delicious either way.

This recipe originally came from my grandmother. As children, my brother and sister and I always went Blueberry picking with Grandma. She always taught us to pick only perfect berries, and those gems went into this wonderful recipe.

Blueberry Buckle

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries

TOPPING:

• 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup cold butter

Directions

1. In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in the blueberries. Pour into greased 9-in. square baking pan.
  2. For topping, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberry mixture. Bake at 375 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

Wishing You A Delightful Thursday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
8/26/2010 10:09:03 PM

These look delicious Phil. I love rice but not a favorite of others around here. They get it at times anyways. :-)

Sara

+0
8/26/2010 10:12:20 PM

Yummy!! Thanks for sharing Grandma's recipe. Have to try that one.

Sara

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/26/2010 11:39:43 PM
Hi Phil,

Just was at your other site with your Blueberries and now more blueberries. They both look good to me. Would you just send some up the road. lol

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!