Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
RE: Papas Kitchen
8/20/2010 8:05:03 PM
Quote:
Hi Phil and Sara,

I never heard of
Pierogies, they don't turn me on either, more grease. See Sara, not everyone from Pa knows of all the food.

Hugs,
Myrna

Myrna, I never did get back with you on this one. Is it that East and West don't meet too well in PA?? I was staying in Coatesville which is about an hours' drive from Philly. There are lots of Amish around there. Folks are strange though, not very friendly. It was much too fast-paced and congested for this Ala/Kan lady.

Maybe people are more friendly around Pittsburg, at least I know one that is!!

Love you friend,

Sara

+0
8/20/2010 8:08:57 PM

Phil that pizza sounds like something I would love to eat! I would love to make it just like that but I have one person here who would be asking where the meat was. Guess I could make 2 one with and one without.

It is definitely a keeper for me!

Sara

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/20/2010 8:19:56 PM
Hi Sara,

Funny thing is I am about in the middle of Philly and Pittsburg. We have more plain folks here in our area. A few Amish, not many. Some people are just not friendly, I feel sorry for them and their long faces. Need to send them this...........

Hugs,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
8/20/2010 8:26:33 PM

Phil, just for your forum I actually took some pictures of my recent meals.

This is pork ribs without the bones. I decided to go for less seasoning on these and just used salt, pepper, and soul food seasoning, with just a little sprinkle of lemon pepper mix. Cooked open in oven 30 mins. one side (350) turned them and another 20 mins.

Side dishes:

Lima Beans with okra. These were frozen as we can't get them fresh here. I just add salt and pepper with a tiny bit of bacon grease, let them cook tender, then toss the okra on top, steam a few minutes and turn off.

Butternut squash, salt & pepper, topped with bacon strips. Cook at 350 for about 30 minutes, then broiled about 3 minutes to get bacon crisp.

Pasta Casserole, any pasta would be okay, I used the flat noodle kind but broke them in half before putting in boiling water long enough to get tender, drain and put in presprayed pan. Added a jar of Ragu Roasted Garlic Parmesan sauce, mix well, top with crushed saltine crackers and a bit of margarine. I cut some fresh leaves of dwarf basil on top and baked for about 20 minutes at 350.

No dessert that night!! Just some freshly baked white bread.

Do you wonder why I can't lose any weight with cooking for 2 men?? (I am lucky to get my small servings also!)

Sara

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/21/2010 4:55:44 PM

Hello Friends,

I guess I'm going to have to travel back up into Pennsylvania one of these days, if for no other reason than to get a few more recipes. Funny that you all should mention the Amish country, because, guess what I had for Breakfast this morning. I originally found this recipe while traveling up in the Pennsylavania Amish Country a few years back. It's a little twist on the Traditional Breakfast, and everyone who tries it, loves it.

Baked Oatmeal

Ingredients

• 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup dried cranberries

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Beat in milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir in dried cranberries. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.

Blessings Of Light & Love,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!