Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
4/3/2012 6:25:08 PM

Hello Friends,

With a chipotle chile pepper, mozzarella cheese and other seasonings, your family will absolutely love these spicy yet flavorful, burgers. For a real treat, serve them on the homemade buns below.

Spicy Chipotle Turkey Burgers

Ingredients

• 2 pounds ground turkey
  • 1 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 8 slices mozzarella cheese
  • 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted

Directions

1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate. Place the ground turkey, onion, cilantro, chipotle chile pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, and black pepper in a mixing bowl; mix well. Form into 4 patties.
  2. Cook the hamburgers on the preheated grill until the turkey is no longer pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side. Place the mozzarella slices on the patties 2 minutes before they are ready. Serve on the toasted buns. Serves 8.

Delicious hamburger buns, homemade and fresh! Easy to make and economical, these buns will make your dinner guests feel extra special. Yields a Baker's Dozen.

Hamburger Buns

Ingredients

• 1 cup and 1 tablespoon warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 2 tablespoons and 1/4 teaspoon margarine, melted
  • 2 tablespoons and 1/4 teaspoon warm water
  • 2 tablespoons and 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1 (.25 ounce) packages instant yeast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or as needed

Directions

1. In a large bowl, stir together the milk, margarine, warm water, sugar and yeast. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
  2. Mix in the salt, and gradually stir in the flour until you have a soft dough. Divide into 25 pieces, and form into balls. Place on baking sheets so they are 2 to 3 inches apart. Let rise for 20 minutes.
  3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake the rolls for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool slightly, then split them in half horizontally to fill with your favorite burgers.

Have A Wonderful Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/5/2012 11:36:47 PM

Hello Friends,

Tonight, Boneless Chicken is rolled around fresh asparagus spears and provolone cheese, then given a Dijon mustard flavored coating and a topping of crisp panko bread crumbs. Quick and easy to prepare, the presentation is simple yet elegant.

Chicken Asparagus Roll-Ups

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1-1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
  • 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 24 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 6 slices provolone cheese
  • 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Grease a baking dish. In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, tarragon, salt, and pepper until the mixture is well combined. Set aside.
  2. Cook asparagus in the microwave on High until bright green and just tender, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Set the asparagus spears aside. Place a chicken breast between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the chicken breast with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Repeat with the rest of the chicken breasts.
  3. Place 1 slice of provolone on each chicken breast, and top the cheese with 4 asparagus spears per breast. Roll the chicken breasts around the asparagus and cheese, making a tidy package, and place, seam sides down, in the prepared baking dish. With a pastry brush, apply a coating of the mayonnaise mixture to each chicken breast, and sprinkle each with panko crumbs, pressing the crumbs into the chicken to make a coating.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven until the crumbs are browned and the chicken juices run clear, about 25 minutes. Serves 6.

Here's a really easy and different use for a carrot side dish. Fritters with carrots, onions, and green onions.

Carrot Fritters

Ingredients

• 6 carrots, julienned
  • 1-1/2 onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
  • 1-1/2 bunches green onions, chopped
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 3 eggs
  • 12 cups oil for deep frying

Directions

1. In a medium bowl combine carrots, onion, green onions, flour, salt, pepper and eggs; mix well to coat.
  2. Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  3. Using tongs, pick up veggies and drop into hot oil. Fry 3 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other. Serves 6.

Have A Terrific Thursday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/6/2012 4:55:09 PM

Hello My Friends,

Welcome to Friday once again. Thursday's recipe gave me a "taste" for Asparagus, so today we have a delicious option for shrimp sauteed with asparagus, mushrooms and tossed with egg noodles.

Shrimp and Asparagus

Ingredients

• 1 pound fresh asparagus
  • 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
  • 1 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. In a small saucepan, boil or steam asparagus in enough water to cover until tender; chop and set aside.
  2. Bring a large pot of salted water to full boil, place the pasta in the pot and return to a rolling boil; cook until al dente. Drain well.
  3. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in the olive oil over medium-low heat until the garlic is golden brown.
  4. Place butter and lemon juice in the saucepan. Heat until the butter has melted. Place the shrimp in the saucepan and cook until the shrimp turns pink. Place the mushrooms and asparagus into the saucepan, cook until mushrooms are tender.
  5. Toss the shrimp and vegetable mixture with the egg noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately. Serves 6.

Have A Happy Easter Weekend,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/9/2012 6:08:23 PM

Hello My Friends,

Today we have an Asian-style stir-fry with lots of vegetables, and your choice of chicken or pork. Serve on a bed of Steamed Rice.

Stir-Fried Vegetables with Chicken or Pork

Ingredients

• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
  • 1-1/2 cups chopped broccoli
  • 1-1/2 cups sliced green bell pepper
  • 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
  • 1-1/2 cups sliced napa cabbage
  • 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
  • 1-1/2 cups fresh bean sprouts
  • 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
  • 1-1/2 cups chopped green onions
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 3 tablespoons mushroom soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch

Directions

1. Heat oil in a wok or large heavy skillet. Add chicken, garlic and oyster sauce, and stir-fry for 10 minutes. Stir in broccoli, green pepper, carrots, cabbage, celery, bean sprouts, zucchini and green onions. Season with salt, and stir-fry for 6 to 8 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together water, soy sauce and cornstarch. Stir into vegetables, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Serves 6.

Have A Marvelous Monday,

Phil

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/9/2012 7:52:45 PM
Phil,

That cat is adorable.

What is oyster sauce? I always use some lemon juice and water.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!