Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
1/27/2012 10:20:06 PM

Hi Myrna,

Always glad to help. Stop by for a visit anytime.

Here's another one that you might like to try. This uses the fresh Berries instead of Jam. Both are quite tasty! Use either fresh or frozen, unsweetened raspberries or strawberries.

Speedy Raspberry Dressing

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
  • 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or to taste

Directions

1. Place the raspberries, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a blender. Cover, and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Refrigerate until ready to use. Stir or shake before using. Makes about 12 Servings.

That is kind of funny that our minds seem to be following the same track. Perhaps what they say is true after all...

Have A Super Weekend My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/27/2012 11:40:41 PM
hi phil. thanks for the yummy salad dressing recipe. i often use raspberry vinaigrette to put over chicken or fish when i bake it.

pat

Quote:

Hi Myrna,

Always glad to help. Stop by for a visit anytime.

Here's another one that you might like to try. This uses the fresh Berries instead of Jam. Both are quite tasty! Use either fresh or frozen, unsweetened raspberries or strawberries.

Speedy Raspberry Dressing

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
  • 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or to taste

Directions

1. Place the raspberries, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a blender. Cover, and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Refrigerate until ready to use. Stir or shake before using. Makes about 12 Servings.

That is kind of funny that our minds seem to be following the same track. Perhaps what they say is true after all...

Have A Super Weekend My Friend,

Phil

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/28/2012 10:22:41 PM
Hi Phil,
Just got this recipe, looks good to me.

Yield: 6 to 8 servings
This recipe is inspired by a cranberry pie from Sarah Chase’s book Cold Weather Cooking. My friend Barbara Liberman calls it "easy cake" -- I call it delicious. It’s even better served warm with vanilla ice cream.
RECIPE INGREDIENTS
12 ounces fresh cranberries, rinsed and picked over for stems
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and diced
1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
1 tablespoon grated orange zest (2 oranges)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
11/8 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Easy Cranberry & Apple Cake Recipe at Cooking.com
DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Combine the cranberries, apple, brown sugar, orange zest, orange juice, and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. With the mixer on medium, add 1 cup of the granulated sugar, the butter, vanilla, and sour cream and beat just until combined. On low speed, slowly add the flour and salt.

Pour the fruit mixture evenly into a 10-inch glass pie plate. Pour the batter over the fruit, covering it completely. Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar and 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon and sprinkle it over the batter. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean and the fruit is bubbling around the edges. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Recipe reprinted by permission of Random House. All rights reserved.
Date Added: 09/07/2010

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/29/2012 1:42:57 AM

Hi Pat & Myrna,

It's so good of you both to stop by and visit. Thanks for the great recipe ideas.

Since we're talking "sweets", here's one from my Weight Watcher's files that I've always liked. These sweet and healthy Maple Pear Muffins make a great low calorie breakfast idea if you need something quick. It also makes a satisfying, low fat snack when you are craving something sweet. Each muffin has just 5 Points + per serving, which isn’t bad for a carb-based food using sugar AND maple syrup. They are the perfect wintery treat, and are so delicious when served warm with a tablespoon of Brummel & Brown Yogurt Spread.

Maple Pear Muffins

Ingredients

• 1 ¾ cup whole wheat all-purpose flour
  • 1 ¼ cup quick oats
  • 2 large pears, peeled, cored and diced
  • 1 cup non-fat buttermilk
  • 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
  • ½ cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup applesauce or pureed pears
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-fat cooking spray.
  3. In a large bowl, combine together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
  4. In another bowl, mix the pears, oats, sugar, buttermilk, maple syrup, applesauce (or pear puree), oil and egg substitute. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
  5. Mix the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir until blended.
  6. Spoon the batter into the muffin pan cups. Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
  7. Place muffins on a wire rack to cool.

Have A Terrific Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/30/2012 7:50:10 PM

Hello Friends,

Lemon halves and garlic flavor the inside of this simple, happy, roast chicken. Absolutely the easiest and best roast chicken recipe I've ever used.

Happy Roast Chicken

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 2 lemons, cut in half
  • 6 large cloves garlic
  • 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cold butter
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Pour the wine into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet; set aside.
  2. Place the lemon halves and garlic cloves into the cavity of the chicken. Slide half of the butter underneath the skin of each breast. Rub the chicken all over with Dijon mustard, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Place into the cast-iron skillet.
  3. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 hour more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove the chicken from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area for 15 minutes before slicing. Serves 4.

Every time I roast a chicken, I use this recipe. It's very resourceful and easy, as well as delicious. Chicken roasted with my favorite seasonings blend, taken out of the oven to rest, and in its place, fresh broccoli spears and sliced garlic roasted until tender.

Broccoli In Roast Chicken Drippings

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup roast chicken drippings
  • 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped

Directions

1. After roasting a chicken, remove it from the roasting pan and place on a serving tray to rest. Leave the oven on. Pour off excess drippings from the roasting pan, leaving just enough to coat the broccoli. Toss broccoli and garlic in the drippings until coated and place in the still hot oven. Roast for 5 to 8 minutes, until tender. Serves 4.

Have A Wonderful Week,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!