Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
1/6/2012 7:33:09 PM
Hello Everyone,

Sticking to my Resolution to keep the taste and cut more of the Calories in the New Year, for today's Friday Fish night, these Muir Glen® tomatoes along with basil provide a simple addition to a flavorful seafood dinner that’s then baked to perfection. Also, they are just 160 Calories per serving.

Tilapia Tomato Basil Filets

tablespoons fresh lemon juice
teaspoons grated lemon peel
teaspoons olive oil
tilapia fillets, about 1/2 inch thick (1 lb)
tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
1/2
teaspoon salt
1/4
teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen® organic diced tomatoes, drained
tablespoons grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
  1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In shallow dish, combine lemon juice, peel and oil. Dip fillets into lemon mixture turning to coat. Place in baking dish.
  2. Sprinkle basil, salt and pepper over fillets. Spoon tomatoes over fillets. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Makes 4 servings.

Note: 1 Serving - Calories 160; Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 65mg; Sodium 710mg; Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g); Protein 24g.

Have A Terrific Weekend My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/6/2012 7:55:04 PM
hi phil. happy new year. i'm glad to see you posting a TILAPIA fish recipe. i see it in the stores but don't buy it very often. i don't know how to cook it. your fish recipe looks delicious and healthy.

pat

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Sticking to my Resolution to keep the taste and cut more of the Calories in the New Year, for today's Friday Fish night, these Muir Glen® tomatoes along with basil provide a simple addition to a flavorful seafood dinner that’s then baked to perfection. Also, they are just 160 Calories per serving.

Tilapia Tomato Basil Filets

tablespoons fresh lemon juice
teaspoons grated lemon peel
teaspoons olive oil
tilapia fillets, about 1/2 inch thick (1 lb)
tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
1/2
teaspoon salt
1/4
teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen® organic diced tomatoes, drained
tablespoons grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
  1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In shallow dish, combine lemon juice, peel and oil. Dip fillets into lemon mixture turning to coat. Place in baking dish.
  2. Sprinkle basil, salt and pepper over fillets. Spoon tomatoes over fillets. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Makes 4 servings.

Note: 1 Serving - Calories 160; Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 65mg; Sodium 710mg; Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g); Protein 24g.

Have A Terrific Weekend My Friends,

Phil

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/6/2012 8:23:14 PM
Phil, I love hot Chili in the cold weather. Do you have a favorite recipe? I consider you the expert. Happy New Year! Hugs, LaNell
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/12/2012 8:59:06 PM

Hello My Friends,

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the kind Comments. Pat, glad you like the recipe of Tilapia. I actually prefer it to Flounder, since it tends to be less "fishy" tasting, whenever it's fresh, and it's also a little bit cheaper. LaNell, I have several favorite Chili recipes. Here's a link to a couple of my favorites from my Crockpot Forum Thread, one for White Chili and the other for Vegetarian Black Bean Chili.

Sticking to my healthier Diet for the New Year, here's what I did just the other night with some ground sirloin, less than 250 Calories per serving and it was done in about 30 mniutes.

Herbed Salisbury Mushroom Steak

package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups)
lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
1/4
cup Progresso® plain bread crumbs
1/4
cup fat-free egg product
1/4
cup fat-free (skim) milk
3/4
teaspoon dried thyme leaves
tablespoons ketchup
teaspoons canola or soybean oil
jar (12 oz) fat-free beef gravy
  1. Finely chop 1 cup of the mushrooms. In medium bowl, mix chopped mushrooms, beef, bread crumbs, egg product, milk, thyme and 1 tablespoon of the ketchup. Shape mixture into 5 oval patties, 1/2 inch thick.
  2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook about 5 minutes, turning once, until browned.
  3. Add remaining sliced mushrooms, 2 tablespoons ketchup and the gravy. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 5 to 10 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160ºF and patties are no longer pink in center. Makes 5 servings.

1 Serving - Calories 230; Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g): Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 630mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g; Protein 25g.

Have A Terrific Thursday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/12/2012 9:40:25 PM
hi phil.

i loooooooooooooooove mushrooms!!! your Salisbury=ry steak recipe looks easy and the entree looks to tasty. thanks for the recipe. i will use it. maybe even use the sauce on chicken.

pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!