Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
9/24/2011 7:54:46 AM
hi again phil. i am so sorry you are quitting the food thread. i always look forward to it and i've copied lots of notes and put into my aol RECIPE folder. please don't quit.

pat
I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
9/24/2011 3:28:28 PM
Phil, I understand your frustration. I feel the same - no one is commenting in my forums and some of it is my fault because I have not been very active either. Some say it is the time of year but I don't know. Your forums are all good and healthy ones for this community. If we lose anymore good people, we may all as well go play games in FB. I don't, btw and cannot understand why others do but we all do different things.

It is good to see you receive some response again and hope you feel better by knowing people do stop in but it is just so good to have them say hello or something!

I love this recipe you posted yesterday with the green beans, that sounds much easier than trying to stir fry them. I will have to try that! Salmon is not my favorite but I am sure you could use other kind of fish.

Feel better friend and let's not give up, we need to all make an extra effort to liven things up around here.

Love & Hugs,
Sara

+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/24/2011 4:53:03 PM
i feel the same as sara .... phil i have my own feelings as to why all the adland friends left. i used to have tons of people posting in my "fun" forum too.... now only 3-6 people a month.

i think activity is 75% that it once was.

i also understand your frustration because i feel it too. i'm so sorry you feel like leaving.

hugs,
pat

Quote:
Phil, I understand your frustration. I feel the same - no one is commenting in my forums and some of it is my fault because I have not been very active either. Some say it is the time of year but I don't know. Your forums are all good and healthy ones for this community. If we lose anymore good people, we may all as well go play games in FB. I don't, btw and cannot understand why others do but we all do different things.

It is good to see you receive some response again and hope you feel better by knowing people do stop in but it is just so good to have them say hello or something!

I love this recipe you posted yesterday with the green beans, that sounds much easier than trying to stir fry them. I will have to try that! Salmon is not my favorite but I am sure you could use other kind of fish.

Feel better friend and let's not give up, we need to all make an extra effort to liven things up around here.

Love & Hugs,
Sara

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/28/2011 6:03:03 PM

Hello Friends,

Thanks again for stopping by and for all of your kind Comments. Here's a little something that we had the other evening and I thought that you all might like it as well. Here, spaghetti squash is once again used like pasta to delicious effect, and just add a quick garlic bread to round out the meal.

Beef Ragù Over Spaghetti Squash with Garlic Bread

1/4 baguette, halved lengthwise
1-1/2 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
6 medium cloves garlic
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 small (2-1/2-lb.) spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
One 15-oz. can crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano

Heat the oven to 375°F. Arrange the bread cut side up on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush it with the butter. Peel and chop the garlic. Divide the garlic in half and sprinkle one-half with a generous pinch of salt. Using the flat side of a chef’s knife, mince and mash the garlic and salt together to form a smooth paste. Spread each piece of bread evenly with garlic paste and season with salt and pepper. Bake until light golden-brown and crisp, 12 to 14 minutes. Cut each piece in half to make 4 pieces total, and cover with foil to keep warm.

Meanwhile, arrange the spaghetti squash in a single layer in the bottom of a large, wide pot. (Don’t worry if the squash halves don’t lie completely flat in the pot.) Add 1/2 inch of water, cover the pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the squash is tender enough to shred when raked with a fork but still somewhat crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the squash to a plate and set aside until cool enough to handle.

While the squash cooks, heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef, the remaining chopped garlic, onion, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper; cook, stirring to break up the meat, until just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and discard the fat if necessary. Add the tomatoes, basil, and 1/4 cup water; stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

With a fork, rake the squash flesh into strands, transfer to plates, and season to taste with salt. Ladle the beef ragù over the squash and garnish with the Parmigiano. Serve with the garlic bread. Serves 4.

Then, for Dessert, try these Apple and Cinnamon Fritters, a wonderful treat to the whole Family.

Apple Cinnamon Fritters

Vegetable oil for deep frying
cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/2
cup cold water
egg
1/4
cup granulated sugar
teaspoon ground cinnamon
large unpeeled Granny Smith apple, chopped (about 1 3/4 cups)
1/4
cup powdered sugar
In deep fryer or 4-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil to 350°F.
  1. In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, water, egg, granulated sugar and cinnamon. Fold in apple. Working in batches, drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden brown. Use a metal slotted spoon to remove fritters from oil; drain on paper towels.
  2. Before serving, sprinkle fritters with powdered sugar. Makes 22 fritters.

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/30/2011 6:25:27 PM

Hello Everyone,

Here's a fish you can feel good about eating? Arctic Char is a fast-reproducing fish that is a good, sustainable alternative to Atlantic salmon, which it resembles in flavor and texture.

Pan-Seared Arctic Char with Olives and Potatoes

4 small red potatoes (about 3/4 lb.), sliced 1/4 inch thick
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 skin-on arctic char fillets (about 5 oz. each), scaled
3 Tbs. olive oil
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, each about 3 inches long
1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
3 Tbs. roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
4 lemon wedges

In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring the potatoes to a boil in enough salted water to cover them by 1 inch. Reduce the heat to a brisk simmer and cook until tender but not falling apart, about 5 minutes. Drain. Set aside.

Pat the fish dry and season with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Heat 1-1/2 Tbs. of the olive oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering hot. Arrange the fish skin side down in the pan so the fillets fit without touching. Cook undisturbed for 3 minutes. Flip the fillets and cook until the fish is cooked through, an additional 2 to 3 minutes. With a slotted spatula, transfer the fish to a serving platter or plates.

Add the remaining 1-1/2 Tbs. oil to the pan and heat until shimmering. Add the potatoes and rosemary and cook, flipping occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the olives, parsley, balsamic, and a pinch of salt and pepper and stir gently to heat. Arrange the potato mixture around the fish. Serve garnished with the lemon wedges. Serves 4.

Time to get ready for the Holiday Season. Get over 300 mouth-watering Holiday Recipes for the cost of a Low-Fat Latte...

Shop Taste of Home

Have A Terrific Weekend My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!