Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
8/1/2011 1:57:44 AM
PHIL !!! THANKS FOR THIS GREAT PORK CHOP RECIPE. hubby and i love pork. you could also substitute a chicken breast.

thanks, pat

Quote:

This recipe is quite simple and it goes together nicely. Tender chops are encased with a crunchy coating.

Parmesan Sage Pork Chops

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • Dash pepper
  • 2-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
  • 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
  • 3 egg, lightly beaten
  • 6 bone-in pork loin chops
  • 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
  • 3 tablespoons butter or margarine

Directions

1. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, sage and lemon peel. Place egg in shallow bowl. Coat pork chops with flour mixture, dip in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
  2. In a skillet, brown chops in oil and butter for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Serves 6.

Have A Great Week My Friends,

Phil

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/1/2011 8:23:02 PM

Hello Ladies,

So glad that you all stopped by to visit. Pork is one of my family's favorits as well, Pat. Last night however, we had Chicken a little different way, and I thought that you all might like it as well.

The Chicken is baked in a honey mustard sauce. It's an easy to prepare, delicious boneless chicken breast bake and a great quick meal for busy weeknights. I served it along with a Broccoli and Rice Casserole.

Sweet Mustard Chicken Bake

Ingredients

• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a shallow baking dish.
  2. In a small bowl, stir together the honey, Dijon mustard, melted butter and pepper. Place chicken in the greased baking dish, and pour the honey mustard sauce over it.
  3. Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, basting frequently with the sauce, until chicken is firm and juices run clear.

What makes this quick-cooking side dish really tasty is coating the broccoli and rice in a creamy cheese sauce . . . yum!

Broccoli Rice Casserole

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
  • 1 (8 fl oz) jar pasteurized process cheese sauce (like Cheez Whiz®)
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked regular long-grain white rice

Directions

1. Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
  2. Stir the broccoli in the skillet and cook until it's tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Stir in the milk, soup, cheese sauce and rice. Cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Pour the broccoli mixture into a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serves 10-12.

Have A Wonderful Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/1/2011 8:28:59 PM
OH Phil,

That chicken and broccoli sounds so good. Yum

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/1/2011 8:51:59 PM

Hello Myrna,

It was kinda good, even if I do say so myself!

I had always made this recipe with chicken breasts until I started exploring the Vegetarian lifestyle and I decided to adapt the recipe for tofu. No too bad, of course, Tofu is an acquired taste.

Honey Mustard Tofu

Ingredients

• 1 pound firm tofu, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup dry white wine
  • 2 cubes vegetable bouillon
  • 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
  • 1/4 cup honey

Directions

1. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge tofu slices in flour and place in hot butter. Brown slightly, then turn over and brown the other side. Add water, wine and bouillon cubes; simmer for 10 minutes, or until bouillon completely dissolves. Stir in mustard and honey. Simmer until thickened.

Hope Your Monday's Been Great,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/2/2011 9:55:06 PM
Hello My Friends,

As you say ladies, sometimes it's simply too hot to cook very much. For times like these I often fall back on Salads. Served with homemade bread and fresh fruit, like either Melon, or a chilled Fruit Salad, this chicken and vegetable salad makes a light and easy meal.

Broccoli-Cauliflower Toss

Ingredients

• 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
  • 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
  • 1/2 cup sliced carrots
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
  • 6 cherry tomatoes, halved

DRESSING:

• 2/3 cup canola oil
  • 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

• In a large covered saucepan, steam broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in water for 2-3 minutes; drain. Place in a bowl; add chicken and tomatoes. Combine dressing ingredients; pour over salad.
  • Cover and chill for at least 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Drain before serving. Serves 4.

These yeast rolls don't require kneading, and the make-ahead dough saves you time on the day of your meal. I love the hint of honey, too.

Overnight Honey-Wheat Rolls

Ingredients

• 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
  • 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • Melted butter, optional

Directions

• In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add the yeast mixture, honey, oil, salt, whole wheat flour and remaining water. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Cover and refrigerate overnight.
  • Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Shape each portion into nine balls. To form knots, roll each ball into a 10-in. rope; tie into a knot. Tuck ends under.
  • Place rolls 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 50 minutes.
  • Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter if desired. Makes 1-1/2 dozen.

Have A Wonderful Week & Stay Cool,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!