Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
RE: Papas Kitchen
6/17/2011 1:48:43 PM

Phil, thanks for all the help planning our weekend meals!!! They all sound delicious and I am liking the sound of those veggie burgers best.

Surely you will have someone cook for you on Sunday. I wish you a wonderful day today and a great weekend.

Sara

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/17/2011 5:35:26 PM
Hi Phil,

Oh my gosh, I am so behind. You keep all those good recipes coming and I haven't tried any of them yet, just because I needed a few ingredients, going to the store soon. Then Sara starts too, you 2 and Donna are driving me crazy. lol Just kidding but I am only one, you all have someone to cook for. What a recipe week. Thanks all.....
Our chef... Phil

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2011 3:52:14 AM

Hello My Friends,

It's always so good to see you both here and enjoying yourselves. Myrna, after this evening, I'll give you all a break for a couple of days, since tomorrow, the Ladies of the Church have a Pot Luck Lunch planned for Father's Day, and then my Nephews are treating me to a Steak Dinner at the Golden Corral tomorrow evening. So no cooking tomorrow for me.

Since I missed my Friday Fish dish this week, here's a little Grilled Salmon prepared in a tasty, homemade marinade. Serve it with baked potato and the fancy Green Salad below.

Grilled Marinated Salmon

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
  • 3 pounds salmon fillets

Directions

1. In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, oil, mustard powder, ginger and ground black pepper.
  2. Place the salmon in a shallow, nonporous dish and pour the marinade over the salmon. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
  3. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium high heat and lightly oil grate.
  4. Grill the fish for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Serves 6.

I would definitely giving this one 5 stars. I agree with everyone about this dressing, it is so excellent.

Green Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup sliced almonds
  • 2 tablespoons and 3/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons fresh cranberries
  • 2-1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons water
  • 3/8 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
  • 3/4 pound mixed salad greens

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Arrange almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in oven for 5 minutes, or until nuts begin to brown.
  2. In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, oil, cranberries, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, and water. Process until smooth.
  3. In a large bowl, toss the almonds, onion, blue cheese, and greens with the vinegar mixture until evenly coated.

Have A Wonderful Evening My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2011 5:59:58 PM
Hi Phil,

I am so thankful that your nephews are treating you for a steak dinner. I know you will enjoy every minute of it too. Have the best Fathers Day my dear friend.

Hugs,
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/21/2011 6:52:07 PM

Hello My Friends,

As you might imagine, I subscribe to countless Cooking Magazines and email services. One of my favorite is called Fine Cooking. Here's one of their recipes that I tried just the other evening, and it's definitely a winner! Grilled chicken breasts, summer squash, and baby arugula meet a spicy lime-cilantro dressing in this fresh take on chicken salad.

Grilled Chicken and Summer Squash Salad

Ingredients
1 large clove garlic, mashed to a paste with 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
3/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup fresh lime juice and 2 tsp. finely grated zest (from 1 lime)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
1-1/2 Tbs. finely grated peeled fresh ginger
1 Tbs. finely chopped jalapeño (seeded if you like; about 1/2 a jalapeño)
1 tsp. granulated sugar
Kosher salt
1-1/2 to 1-3/4 lb. mixed summer squash, such as zucchini, yellow zucchini, and yellow squash, sliced 3/4 inch thick on an extreme angle (about 3 medium)
1-1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to an even thickness
5 oz. baby arugula
Freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Prepare a medium-high gas or charcoal grill fire.

Put the garlic paste, oil, lime juice and zest, cilantro, ginger, jalapeño, sugar, and 1 tsp. salt in a small jar with a lid. Shake to emulsify. Put the squash and chicken on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Grill on both sides until the squash is barely tender and the chicken is just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool briefly.

Meanwhile, toss the arugula in a large bowl with 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Divide among 4 plates.

Cut the squash and chicken into bite-size pieces. Put them in the bowl and toss with the remaining vinaigrette and salt and pepper to taste. Use a slotted spoon to divide the mixture among the plates. Serves 4.

Have A Terrific Tuesday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!