Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
6/12/2011 10:40:51 PM

Hello Again My Friends,

Continuing with the Grill work, here's a Veggie Delight that we all can share. You'll never want to eat frozen veggie burgers again. These are so easy, and you'll be proud to have created such a vegetarian delight. You can still have "Meat" and Taters!

Homemade Black Bean Veggie Burgers

Ingredients

• 1-1/2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 3/4 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
  • 3/4 onion, cut into wedges
  • 4-1/2 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1-1/2 egg
  • 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons cumin
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
  • 3/4 cup bread crumbs

Directions

1. If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
  2. In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
  3. In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
  4. In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
  5. Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into six patties.
  6. If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side. Serves 6.
Grilled Smoky Potatoes Packs
medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
1/2
teaspoon salt
tablespoons butter or margarine
cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
tablespoons Betty Crocker® Bac~Os® bacon flavor chips
medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
  1. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Place potatoes on 30x18-inch piece of heavy-duty foil. Sprinkle with salt. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon chips.
  2. Wrap foil securely around potatoes; pierce top of foil once or twice with fork to vent steam. Cover and grill foil packet, seam side up, 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 45 to 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with onions. Makes 4 servings

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2011 12:53:58 AM
Hi Phil,

I have been wanting to try something with the black beans. The burgers sound good, also the potatoes.

Thanks,
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2011 2:26:04 PM

Hello My Friends,

Since tomorrow, June 14th is Celebrated as Flag Day here in the USA, this recipe seems to be appropriate. This patriotic-themed cake makes a stunningly delicious centerpiece on any summer celebration table. To honor our troops, pass it along to all your family and friends. Also, let's all fly Old Glory Proudly.

Flag Cake Recipe

Ingredients

• 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) French vanilla cake mix
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 4 eggs

• FILLING:
  • 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue gelatin
  • 1-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
  • 1 cup cold water, divided
  • Ice cubes
  • 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
  • 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
  • 1/4 cup fresh blueberries

• FROSTING:
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 2 tablespoons 2% milk
  • 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme

Directions

• Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
  • Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
  • Transfer cake to a covered cake board. Cut a 5-in. x 4-in. rectangle (1/2 in. deep) in the top left corner of cake, leaving a 1/2-in. border at outside edges of cake. For red stripes, cut seven 1/2-in. wide rows across cake, about 1/2 in. deep, leaving a 1/2-in. border at outside edges of cake.
  • In a small bowl, dissolve berry blue gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Pour 1/2 cup cold water into a 2-cup measuring cup; add enough ice cubes to measure 1-1/4 cups. Stir into gelatin until slightly thickened. Scoop out and discard any remaining ice cubes. Repeat, making strawberry gelatin.
  • In a small bowl, combine strawberries and 1 cup strawberry gelatin. In another bowl, combine blueberries and 1 cup blue gelatin. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or just until soft-set (save remaining gelatin for another use).
  • Stir gelatin mixtures. Slowly pour blueberry mixture into rectangle; spoon strawberry mixture into stripes.
  • In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy; beat in the confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Add marshmallow creme; beat until light and fluffy. Spread 1 cup over sides and top edge of cake.
  • Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert a large star tip. Fill the bag with remaining frosting. Pipe frosting in between rows of strawberry gelatin and around edges of cake. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until gelatin is set. Yield: 15 servings.

Have A Wonderful Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
6/13/2011 3:07:30 PM

Good Morning Phil!!

Like those veggie burgers, sounds great!! We have to get a new grill, the bottom finally fell out last year!!!!

Always look forward to your great recipes, thank you friend.

Hugs,

Sara

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2011 10:10:41 PM

Hi Myrna & Sara,

There's nothing quite like the taste of Food that's been cooked outside on the Grill. Whether using real Meat, or one of my Veggie Creations, it just always seems to taste a little better when it's Grilled. Sara, it sounds like you are still using my Old Favorite, a Charcoal Grill. I miss the old days. I'm afraid that we're all Gas and Stainles Steel at my house these days.

Of course, we can't predict the weather, so here's one that's prepared inside. Everyone who has this has loved it. It's surprisingly simple and quick. Garlic, rosemary, and white wine flavor the pork and the aroma is wonderful. Try some stir-fried Broccoli for a perfect side dish.

Modenese Pork Chops

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons butter
  • 6 (1 inch thick) pork chops
  • 3/4 cup dry white wine
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
  • 3/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced

Directions

In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook chops in butter, turning once to brown evenly. Pour in wine, and season with salt, pepper, rosemary, and garlic. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until chops are tender. Transfer pork chops to serving plates, and spoon sauce over the meat. Serves 6.

The Broccoli retains its lovely green color when stir-fried, so this dish is not only easy to make but pretty to serve. The almonds add a nutty crunch that everyone really likes. Serves 8.

Almond Broccoli Stir-Fry

Ingredients

• 10 cups broccoli florets
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 2 cloves garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted

Directions

1. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in the soy sauce, sugar and ginger; cook for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Sprinkle with lemon juice and almonds

Have A Happy Monday My Friends,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!